Who are DVD's made for anyway? Fight Back!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Schick, Oct 11, 2001.

1. Steve Schick

Steve Schick Stunt Coordinator

This thread is a repeat of what I wrote in another thread, but I thought it should have it's own thread.
    A few quote taken from another thread:

2. Robyn Young

Robyn Young Stunt Coordinator

3. Steve Schick

Steve Schick Stunt Coordinator

Maybe I should add that this should be done in addition to a letter writing campaign to the corporations.
    A 2 front offensive?
    I keep forgetting that some companies/business don't listen to their employees for feedback. These are usually the ones that only look at the bottom line.
    ------------------
    You liked the movie? ......Try it on a nine foot screen.
    My DVD Profiler Collection

4. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint

5. DanL

DanL Stunt Coordinator

I'm not sure the management would take too kindly to that. I mean, the cause is just, but what if anyone thought their cause was just and just started putting crap on the shelves like "This movie has too much sex, DON'T RENT! We need morals!" r somehting of that ilk. I'd say, instead, maybe ask if you could place a small stack of the flyers on the checkout counters or something along withthe rest of the typically local advertisements. In most stores where I go, there's always a collection of stuff as you leave (ads for bands, gigs, events at the store, etc..) maybe you could put them there.

6. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

My suggestion in the 9-page thread seems to me to be more workable and attention-getting. Just pick out a big stack of discs that the Ballbuster or Wallymart carry in P&S only. Take it to the checkout and ask for the widescreen versions of them. When they say they don't have any, ask to see the video dept. manager. Ask him for the widescreen version. When he says they don't carry it, tell them you're going to go buy them at Best Buy, or wherever local carries widescreen DVD. Then leave the big stack there on the counter so they have to put them back. Sooner or later, word will get to the buyers, and the buyers are the people we need to convert.
    Managing Joe 6P through retail terror: the American Way [​IMG]
    ------------------
    "This movie has warped my fragile little mind."