What's new

Blu-ray Review A Few Words About While we wait for A few words about…™ The Johnstown Flood - in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
With respect, I put forth the following:

Wouldn’t the satisfactions of having saved another silent film be incentive, enough, without seeking a complimentary copy of the final disc, as well? To my mind, what with the difficulties already faced in raising monies to save important silent films, I prefer to donate twice. Once in the early stages to ensure that the green light of a project stays on, then twice through the full-price purchasing of a disc; to increase the hopes that no monies are lost. The restoration teams need every financial edge that they can attain; otherwise all forward actions might cease to exist.
Good point. I would happily make a donation even without the "perk" of a disc copy. However, my experience with such fundraisers is that a copy of the final product is included above a certain contribution level, so I incorrectly assumed that was an unofficial "standard" for such things.

• Appreciate
Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks