What's new

Whichs subs are better than Monitor Audio RS-w12 (1 Viewer)

caper26

Auditioning
Real Name
Kev
Hi all. My current theater setup is 3 X Energy Take FPS; 4 X LCR; MA RS-w12 Sub . I just bought 2 X Energy RC-70 which will be used for music upstairs. I would like to move my Monitor Audio RS-W12 [specs] upstairs with them since it is fantastic for music, and get a new one for the theater. I know there are better performers out there for less $$. I will still be playing some music on this system, but it will also be used for movies. A few retailers that come to mind are SVS (PS/SB12-NSD although the sealed seems light at 40lbs shipped?) and HSU. At HSU there is a VTF-2 and VTF-3 with, at a glance, the only difference is 250/350 watts RMS and both extend to 18Hz where the MA I have goes to 21. I would consider shipping from the US (eD - A2-300, A3-250, A5s-300, A3-300??) as well if the price/performance is right. Let's say budget is around $800 or so. Will also consider an easy DIY kit as well as a used sub. Suggestions please? Oh yeah, I am in Canada. Thanks in advance!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
the MA I have goes to 21.
You have no reference point on that. Is it -3db, -10db or -30db? If you look closely at the internet companies in your post, they all use the -3db as pretty much standard for their measurement. All will work just fine.

Since you are in Canada, add these 2 to your list:

http://www.funkywaves.net/

http://www.creativesound.ca/

caper26

Auditioning
Real Name
Kev
MA tech support said it was in fact -3. Sorry, I just assumed everyone speaks in +/-3... Somehow, though, I feel a lot of people would argue that spec for this sub.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by caper26

Sorry, I just assumed everyone speaks in +/-3...
Bose speaks in fairy dust and unicorns. Magic is the only way their speakers sound as good as they say they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks