What's new

Which out-of-print DVDs do you regret not buying? (1 Viewer)

Norman Matthews

Second Unit
2-Disc Disney Tarzan

At least, that's what's bugging me right now. Next week, it'll be something else. There are about five or six titles in the rotation of regret.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Any of the ones that are now going for $200-plus on Ebay!

(But my best friend will tell you the Rocky Horror 2-disc set.)

Greg Rakaska

Stunt Coordinator
Mark_vdH

Thanks for this tip, Mark!

I just received Tomorrow Land, Chronological Donald, and On the Front Lines in the original numbered tins. My collection is now complete!

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
OK, this may be a little off-topic, but is the Apollo 13 DTS DVD out of print? I found a brand new copy the other day at Blockbuster and since I hadn't seen it on a store shelf anywhere for a long time I went ahead and snatched it. Does anyone know if it's OOP or just really hard to find?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I found the Re-Animator Millenium Edition 2-disc from Elite downtown today and bought it with tax for forty and change Canadian, I'm so happy!

I'm gonna continue searching for the Hitchcock Criterion set this summer before all retailers sell off their overstock. I found it at one Boit Noire on Laurier St. a few weeks ago but the box was in bad shape and for what it's going for, I decided to pass. I'm gonna head out to their other locations this week and hopefully check that off my list.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Maybe some help/info for somebody on discs that were mentioned:

Dead Ringers (CC), though OOP for a long time, can be had from amazon.ca for what is a "normal in Canada" CC price i.e. ridiculous. I know somebody who got it about a month ago, and amazon still say they have it. Better than maybe a used eBay copy which costs about the same (where I got mine a couple years ago). There are other OOP Criterions available from amazon.ca, some OOP for a few years. Not Salo though...which ones are an exercise for the reader, as it takes some work to find them, and IMO most aren't that good so I didn't bite and so don't remember, I found this strictly by chance. No money lost if it doesn't show up...

I have a few times found hard-to-get/OOP discs suddenly appearing on amazon.ca, and I have even requested a special area for them and one for other deals (like Cdn$22 Scarface gift sets) but no dice so far, you just have to check for everything you want every day, and who's that bored? Problem is, you can't add "unavailable" discs to a page (like "wish list") for an auto-update. I think amazon doesn't want dealers picking them up, so they make it a little time-consuming.

The last Disney tins series are all easily available in major Canadian retailers at rather good prices (~US$19). Maybe a trade with somebody??

"About Last Night" can be had in the WS/FS flipper from the (Canadian) Wal-Mart bargain bins, about US$5. I saw some copies a few days ago, and have one myself. Trade? I do notice many WS/FS flippers are being replaced by FS-only editions.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Kristian. Guess I was lucky to actually find a new, sealed copy at Blockbuster.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks