What's new

Which out-of-print DVDs do you regret not buying? (1 Viewer)

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator
The bond collectors sets (altho im sure they or similar sets will be brought back into production for the 2005/2006 release of the next bond film)

And reboot season 3. IT was damn expensive.. But I still should of bought it. Hopefully a new company will get the rights and do a proper seasoned release instead of seasoned broken into 4 seperate dvds.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Is the Criterion Brazil out of print? I hope not. I still haven't picked it up. (Although if it were withdrawn t0o be replaced by a 16:9 enhanced version, I wouldn't complain.)

EDIT: According to their website it's not OOP. Perhaps your stores aren't stocking it. Try ordering it in or buying online.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Re Garden of Allah--although many sellers list this for a ludicrous price, if you're patient and haunt eBay you can pick up a used copy for under $20. Well worth it; beautiful disc.

But otherwise I've been pretty lucky (or astute as I like to think of it) in picking up discs I want when they come out, so Liquid Sky, Salo, Dead Ringers, The Killer, Recalled Little Shop of Horrors, mine all mine for retail! :D

Peter Svensson

Second Unit

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
ABOUT LAST NIGHT... when it was WIDESCREEN. Now it is ONLY FULLFRAME. Thanks again SONY. You really suck the big one.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

I picked mine up a month or so ago. Just because it's OOP, doesn't mean it's gone. DVDPriceSearch still shows five stores selling this one. You'd have to check each store to make sure they actually have it in stock, but I see Barnes & Noble on there and that's where mine came from. It's probably not going to be cheap at this point, but from what I've seen of the set so far, it's totally worth it.

I'd check the same site if you want Brazil. DVDPriceSearch shows a lot of stores selling this title for as cheap as $38.97. I think it's worth every penny.

I'm fortunate enough to not have any regrets. I read several websites on a regular basis and usually have a good idea of what I need to pick up.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
I mentioned this release.

DVDPriceSearch lists DVD Box Office as the company with the best price. Since the time I first found out about this release (last April or May), I've been trying to order it from them. They no longer have it in stock.

Thanks to this thread and the vigilance of a member of the Home Theater Forum, I might hopefully be able to get my hands on a new one after all!

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Nothing really. I usually tell myself that everything is coming back as a 2 disc set later.

I tell myself this when it's cold and dark. :frowning:

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

I forgot to mention a rumor I heard that MGM is supposed to be re-releasing all five of those movies later this year. So if you want the Criterions, hopefully you can track a set down somewhere. But if you don't have to have the Criterion set, you'll probably be able to save some money and possibly get better transfers also. I don't know how the bonus material will stack up, but I can't imagine it being better than what I've seen so far.

So that's another option for you. I might have gone the MGM route myself except I didn't find out until after I'd already ordered my set.

Jim Tudor

Stunt Coordinator
Criterion "The Killer". I had it in my hand at a CompUSA shortly after it went OOP. But having not seen it yet, and thinking "who buys DVDs at CompUSA, anyway? I'll come back and it'll still be here!", I set it down and have regretted it ever since.

JiM T

MichaelMit

Auditioning
I don't regret much except for....

Short circuit SE, I have the regular version but I would love to listen to the commentary track.

Little shop of Horrors original edition; just to see the alternate ending.

On a side note, I try to keep my purchases up to date so that I don't miss any titles that may go out of print. Its always a bad day when you finally get the money to purchase a title and then you find that its gone OOP and ebay is charging way too much for it.

KellyReeVo

Auditioning
I missed the SE Evil Dead 2 in the special metal tin package. Passed it by many times, and then - poof! Never to be seen again. sigh:frowning:

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams

*snaps fingers* You know...I had two copies of that, along with Goldfinger, but I gave them away! I could have just sold them here and made some cash! And they were in excellent condition too, I might add.

Kevin Webb

Agent
I couldn't believe my luck today: My local BB had a copy of the Criterion: Hitchcock Collection! If I hadn't read this thread, I never would have picked it up.

Now if they would just put out that copy of The Killer that I know has to be lost in the back somewhere...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks