What's new

which is the better buy? (1 Viewer)

Tim_Y_F

Agent
saving money for a 12"/15" sub driver.

the 15" Adire Brahma will be available for $712AUD at an australian distributor called acoustic concepts.

the 15" blueprint will cost around $650-$750 altogether when I ship it from America(ordering through the website since i dont think theres an australian distributor for Blueprint drivers.)

This is for home applications, not car audio. Therefore, which is the better buy?

EDITED: thinking about it...I think that the price of the blueprint has been raised.Its price in AUD would then probably be $650+..instead of between $600 and $650.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
The BluePrint may go up in price again when the new owner gets operations up and running.

Either driver will be fine for home use.

The Brahma has a new and quite interesting VC technology than won't create the upper bass hump inherent in the current crop of high extension drivers.

Understand that the 1503 or Brahma won't sound better than say a Tempest. A larger box/tube with mutliple Tempests; will play as loud, be easier to drive and play lower/deeper, than the high excursion drivers with their higher Fs.

Tim_Y_F

Agent
the blueprint would have been the definite choice ifthe price weren't raised. Looking at the threads, I read that Pat has sold BPD. Whats 'Bill' (the new owner) got in store for BPD? Is he going to introduce some new drivers?

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
We'll only know what's up with BluePrint when the website is up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks