What's new

Which home theatre to buy ? (1 Viewer)

krishnaht

Auditioning
Real Name
Krishna
I need help to decide on a good HT that meets my requirement. Can you please suggest which one is good for the bleow set of requirements. Requirement: 1) Good surround sound to watch movies at home. The house has a common hall, dining and kitchen. The hall is about 15 ft by 10 ft in size 2) Play DVD 3) FM 4) HDMI slots for sound input from TV 5) USB slot to watch movies directly from USB Questions: 1) Also I dont want to buy HT with a high watt sound output which might not be required for the size of the hall. So what wattage sound output will be good enough for the hall size ? 2) Is BlueRay player really required and useful ? 3) Which company is good in HT, sony, philips, lg ? I can streach my budget upto 30k only if really required, else would want it to be under 20k. I am basically looking for a HT model that is neither too expensive nor any less good for my listed requirements.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Good surround sound means different things to different people. Some are quite happy with a $300 htib, others aren't happy with a $3,000 sytem of separate components. Most anything you end up with will have FM and play dvd's. USB ports are very common on receivers and players nowdays. Your queations: 1) In most instances wattage isn't really the most important part of the equation. Your room isn't that large or small to be concerned about it. Most any decent separates based system will be more than powerfull enough. 2) Not required, but certainly better than regular dvd for both audio and video. 3) There are many, many very good brands in Home Theater. More than I could ever list here. Most are better at some things than other. Sony is very good for displays and dvd/BluRay players but not as good for receivers and speakers (IMO). Now Mine: 1) What make and model number is your display? 2) What make and model number(s) are your cable box/satillite receiver and any other components you plan on hooking up? 3) Did you really mean 30k and 20k? ($30,000 and $20,000) If so, you're out of my area of knowledge. Maybe someone else can help.

krishnaht

Auditioning
Real Name
Krishna
Thanks for the replies. I actually meant about $600 and not $30,000 :0 ...i was talking in terms of my local currency without realizing where the website was hosted from :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks