What's new

Which ET version to get (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I mean if anything, the gift set should have included the 1982 DTS track and not the two-disc set. But, we all know how Universal screwed up so many things with all of this.

John, I am certain that some people who bought the 2-disc set (like myself) are not huge fans of extras and preferred having the DTS track....all for $14.95 was hard to pass up.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Well, if you're planning on getting the Gift Set, order it from Canada. It's 100% identical to the US version (no bilingual covers) and it's going to cost you a lot less than ordering it from a US retailer (unless those sick $24.99 deals are still going on).

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
If your delemma is Extras vs DTS on the 82 cut, I would say go with the extras. The extras in the Gift Set are very nice, especially the book.

I went back and forth between the DD and DTS tracks on the 2002 cut. I sometimes am able to notice improvements in DTS tracks, sometimes not, and this was one of the times where I could not.

However, if you are caughing up $60 street for the gift set, an extra $15 should seem like nothing if DTS on the 82 cut is also important to you. I was lucky enough to get the gift set for $30 shipped, so whether or not to ebay the Gift Set for a profit and get the two disc was a real choice for me. I am very happy I kept the Gift Set.

LarryE

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Aaron, I think I will go with the gift set. I don't think the packaging for the 2 disc set is very impressive, plus I love this movie. Thanks for all the input.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if there are pics posted anywhere of the inside of the gift set?

Thanks,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks