What's new

Which car should I get? (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I forgot to mention that.. I agree, if you live on campus the first year you don't need the car anyway, it's less hassle to walk than park, here they have 3 busses that go around anyway.

my first year I used my car once a month MAX

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
I think a big question is how well-off your family is David? Are we talking upper-class and plan on financing your education and helping you pay for housing, food, and insurance? Or do you have a middle-class family, you will have to have loans for school, and pay your own bills, and you busted your balls for that money and now you just want to go wild and splurge for something awesome? Or maybe you are getting a full ride and so the only thing you need for the money is some wheels?

If you are just splurging without a full ride, I say take heed. Do you absolutely need a new car? Go with something like an Elantra (like 12,000 or 13,000 with all the extras) and then use the money for education. To be honest, in that situation I say use all of your money for education and stick with the car you got or get a decent used car for under $10,000. If you absolutely have to have something great looking, get a Mazda Miata, those are sweet little cars.

If you have a full ride, invest the money for your future, you'll need something to fall back on after you graduate, or maybe you'll want to go to graduate school.

If your parents are loaded, go for something nice, hell maybe you could swing something really sexy like a Dodge Viper or one of those nice Porsche's.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks