What's new

Which 50" to buy? (1 Viewer)

ted*

Agent
Hi guys I am in a big dilema. I finally want to go out and buy a 50" plasma tv.

I was looking at the Sony XBR (model # KDE-50XBR950). I found it for a decent price from a local dealer but then I read some people saying that the lower model (KDE-50XS955) has better quality picture. The price difference is roughly 500$ and to me I am willing to pay the extra $ for the better receiver.

Any opinions, comments, suggestions are extremelly appreciated.

Thank you
Ted

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
My vote is for the Pioneer Elite, A freind of mine has the 50" in his bedroom and its fantastic, He was able to get it Brand New at American TV for around 5,500.00, dont ask me how he talked them down that much because even he doesnt know how he lucked out that much, but the fact that it comes with that lil seperate tuner box thingy is what I think makes it worth it, Just plug the box into your TV and then all your components hook into the box, so you dont have a bunch of differnet wires going to your TV

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Ted

Which one is more expensive? The XBR? I think the XBR may be an older design, with a separate media box. That box can make hookup neater. On the other hand the XS955 was top rated in the 42 inch size.

It seems the XBR is on its way out and good deals are to be had. I would probably end up going with the 955 even if it was $500 more.

ted*

Agent
Yes the XBR is more expensive by ~500.

I did not know the XBR came out before the XS series. I know that the XBR used to be Sony top of the line model.

thanx for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks