What's new

Which 27 inch HDTV Ready TV to get? (1 Viewer)

Beau B

Stunt Coordinator
I am thinking of getting the Zenith or the Samsung. Are there any things that would put one ahead of the other. Both are $699.99

Thanks to all

Beau

JeremyX

Stunt Coordinator
I have not seen the Zenith...but the 27" Samsung (HDTV 2798) is incredible. I just posted in another thread about this TV. I love the picture and the sound. And to have HDTV as a possibility is fantastic. I went through the Sony and Panasonic and finally the Samsung, it really was saving the best for last.
I could not be more pleased and I am ultra picky when it comes to TV's. Good luck bud! :)

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I bought the Samsung. I didn't really see anything wrong with the Zenith, I just wasn't down with the silver cabinet.

Seth

I've been looking at both of these and I know a big plus that the Samsung has is that both Component Inputs are autosensing and the ones on the Zenith are specific, 1 for 640p and one for 1080i.

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
I recommend avoiding the Zenith. It's not terrible but the Samsung is most certainly a more solid set overall.

Dan.b

bill_slenter

Auditioning
I have the Zenith and am quite happy with it (I started a topic on it in this forum a few weeks ago). There are a few little things I wish were better, but for $699 you can't beat this TV. I didn't know about the Samsung - wish I had because I could have done a little more comparitive shopping.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
What do you specifically like about the Samsung? Are there any reviews you could reference? What I'm looking for is a 27-32" HD-ready 4:3 set with vertical compression and maximum width less than 34" and depth less than 24". And it must be flat screen. From the specs online the Samsung meets all of these requirements. Just never seen one properly calibrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks