What's new

Where's the luv for Logan's Run the series? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
It's been about 25 years since I've seen this TV show. I can remember how hokey it was, but it sure would be nice to have it as a DVD set. Is there any news at all to report?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'd be interested in this too, although it was a far cry from the feature film.

"Runner!"

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
There's an online petition (for all the good it'll do) on the excellent City of Domes fan site.

I, too, would love to have a set of these. Lucikly, I was able to catch the (thankfully, unedited) 1990-ish repeats on TNT to replace my old multi-generation CBS recordings. Guess these will have to hold me awhile longer.

BTW, for fans of the show, there's an excellent sountrack CD that was released just this year. Great stuff. Go here to order direct from the label (it's listed under "Silver Age Classics"). They also have the feature film score, which contains more material than the original LP.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I guess the stock answer would be that it could be be released on DVD when the theatrical remake comes out. Last I heard, Bryan Singer was directing.

If the remake never materializes, I wouldn't hold out much hope for the series making it to DVD.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Yes, but at that time no one knew how bad SF TV could get in the 1980s and '90s! It's high art now! :)

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I am pleased that it looks likely that Logan will be released on DVD this year. But it is a pity it is looks as if it wont be available in shops but as an on demand title. I would have thought that it would have been popular enough to have been released as a normal release, even if there are to be no extras on it.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I remember watching the original show as a kid. It was great seeing them outside and running into people along the way. I like car and the robot as well in the series. I watched a few episodes a couple of years ago that someone had posted on the youtube. However, those episodes just had me wanted more of the episodes.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
Great news. Not only is the series going to be released next year it will not be an on demand title!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
You can bet the house I'll be getting this on on Little (Stinker) Day (April 14) :D My "Alternates" will then have an appoinment with Mr. B.F. Hammer! :laugh:

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
After the tease back in the early part of the year from Warner Archives, I am so glad to see that this is going to be on actual pressed discs instead! It was news worth waiting for!

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Me too and a good move by Warner I think, I love the original movie and will be looking forward to finally getting this cult series. Maybe it means they have the same in mind for other 1970s classic shows we first thought would be WAC releases, like Harry O for instance. How about the first pilot as MOD, and the show itself in stores like Logan's Run. Anyway, it proves they're still willing to go that route, so if Logan's Run can I'd say faith is restored for perhaps other surprising titles along the way.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
HenryDuBrow said:
Me too and a good move by Warner I think, I love the original movie and will be looking forward to finally getting this cult series. Maybe it means they have the same in store for other 1970s classic shows we first thought would be WAC releases, like Harry O for instance. It proves they're still willing to go that route, so if Logan's Run can I'd say faith is restored for perhaps other surprising titles along the way.
I remember this show as a kid and it has been over 30+ years since i last seen the show. I also believe there were unaired episodes as well. I really like the use of the car along with the robot. It will be great adding this show to my collection!!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, I can't wait!!!! I just pre-ordered it at Amazon. I thought the MOD news was good, but this is fantastic. Pressed discs for a show I have wanted from the very beginning of tv dvd. My brother is equally excited, and he will be getting a copy too. 70's TV FOREVER!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i have ordered my copy. I may also watch the movie again as i have it on dvd. I love Logan's Run as it is was of my all-time favourite sci-fi movie. I watched a few episodes of Logan's run the tv series a few years back and was very impressed with the stories.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am going to watch logan's run movie that i have on dvd in the next few weeks to gear up for the April release of Logan's run. I actually have been watching many shows/movies that look at the earth post war when the earth was destroyed. Sci-Fi is my favorite genre and i have over 25+ completed space tv series now!! I am happy for the home theatre forum that allows me to talk with people that have similar interest!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks