What's new

Where to Buy Snapper case inserts? (1 Viewer)

Brett C

Second Unit
Anyone know where I can buy the plastic inserts from for snapper cases? It seems everytime I get one now the centre hub is smashed with the disc floating around in the case.Its very annoying.

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
Where do you live, I can send them to you, I keep all my movies in keep cases, scan the cover, modify and print, looks cool, I got all WB movies in KeepCases, and recently upgraded my JACKIE BROWN, PULP FICTION and TRUE ROMANCE, to 2disc keepcases, ala LORD OF THE RINGS style, cool.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Somebody will pipe in with the information, since I don't remember the specifics, but I do recall that there is a phone number at Warner that you can call and they will send you a free replacement.

-Chad

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Send your damaged Snapper Trays to Margaret Higgins
Margaret Higgins
Ivy Hill / WMS
375 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014
She will send you free replacements. You can also call her at 212-741-1404. She normally sends you more than you sent her.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Personally, I would be more concerned of the disc that had been "floating around" inside, rubbing against the smashed hub and the bits of hub floating aorund with it. Is it not possible to exchange these as defective? When you buy something new you expect it to be in perfect condition, and because the DVD case is part of the product (and not discardable packaging), this applies to the case, as well (not to mention the fact that the disc may be dammaged, too). So no retailer should give you a hard time about exchanging for another copy of the same title, and if they do, start going up the chain of management. However, I've returned several DVDs for case defects and have never had a problem.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I like snapper cases. I like Keep Cases. But if it was up to me, DVD cases would be made of thick chromed steel with a hinge. ;)
If there is a complaint to made against software packaging, it should be against CD jewelcases. Now they suck. Small, brittle and just plain crappy.
180g vinyl from the original analogue masters forever! :D
Gordy

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
No problem storing these babies, huh?
Oh, I'll just have to put my wife back to her mother's and the kids in an orphanage. Sell most of the furniture and fill my castle with opulant, hand-crafted storage shelfs! :laugh:
It's easier than storing films on 16mm ever was! :wink:
Gord

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I keep all my movies in keep cases....
MarcinL. ......

Tell me: What do you do about all the other (sometimes very nice-looking) box cover graphics that are printed on the INSIDE panel(s) of a given snapper case? Do you scan and re-print these panels as well as the spine/front/back cover? What about the scene index part? Don't you want to keep that when transferring a snapper to a keepcase configuration? I would want everything that's printed on the original packaging.

A good example would be Wizard of Oz or Ben-Hur, which both have that extra third fold-out panel. Was just wondering what the pro-keepcase HTF'ers do about all this extra printed material on the snappers. Do you just forget about these panels, and toss 'em in File 13 after scanning the front & back covers?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks