What's new

Where to buy a Rotel 1066??? (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
I cannot get one locally due to certain "professional issues". Is there anywhere to order online or a B&M that will ship???

Thanks

Greg

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
Greg,I E-mailed Rotel yesterday and Amy replied within the hour.The 1066 is on back order until at least mid June.It will be available in black or siver and black.I'm not aware of Rotel products selling on line.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
BUMMER!!
I am cool with the drive to get one. My reason for not dealing with my local dealer is a problem in BUSINESS philosophy and management and I just refuse to give them anymore of money, its a shame because I was a good customer of theirs for a long time.
Anyway the backorder SUCKS :frowning: :angry: !! SO lets look at things ....
Outlaw 950 - IF LUCKY available before the end of the next millenium
Rotel 1066 - B/O til June/July
Anthem AVM20 - Not sure its what I want and way more expensive
B&K Ref 30 - available but too expensive and does not have latest DSPs available YET.
Lexicon - Sure I can get it now but I have to rob about 30 banks first
Meridian - Same as above
Integra - Same as above
Aragon Stage One - still no ETA but will also be VERY EXPENSIVE
Sherbourn Clone - ETA??????
Atlantic Tech Clone - ETA??????
Well whats a guy to do for a pre/pro :confused: ????
Now I see why people end up with receivers all the time.
Oh well back to the waiting game.
Thanks
Greg

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Well there are receivers that might work really well as pre amps. I'm looking at the Marantz 8200 as one such example given the lack of alternatives

Todd_Michael_R

Stunt Coordinator
Greg,

I hear you on that one. Losing a long-term relationship with a dealer b/c of a change in business practice certainly is one of the downfalls of our hobby.

If you aren't so inclined on all the newest surround technologies, I'd suggest a used Lexicon MC-1. It may be "outdated" relative to the new kids on the block, including its bigger and younger brother the MC-12, but its proprietary Logic 7 is to die for and many prefer it (including myself) to all other multi-channel formats out there, including DD5.1 and DTS5.1 and their respective 6.1/7.1 relatives.

Still, it may be a little over your intended budget at ~$2000 - $2500 used, but it is still one of the best HT pre/pros around, regardless of all the new surround formats.

FWIW,

Todd

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Thanks Todd, perhaps I should think about that one.

Yeah the dealer really teed me off when he told me I had copped out to the internet junkies. Sad part is all I asked was to see/hear the Pioneer 49TX to find out what all the excitement was about, which they didn't stock and told me I MUST have been reading the internet. He then proceeded to beat me up about why the internet is ruining the audio business and that he wished it had never been created because all it does is put ideas in to customers heads that all the B&M stores do is charge 3x more than they should for nothing!

I have never viewed it this way because you do get benefits by buying locally. This verbal abuse went on for about 10 minutes until I finally told him to shut up as I didn't want to hear it and that if he felt the need to bash internet users so much than he should consider being a monk and close himself off to the world.

Naturally he informed me that if I wanted to BE STUPID and buy things based on the internet and from the internet that it would be the dumbest thing I ever did and that I would be forever stuck in a realm of crappy hardware and poor advice!

The "discussion" (I use this term loosely) went on for a bit more until I finally expressed to him my disappointment in is discriminatory views toward the interenet and forums like this and that it would be cold day in hell before I would buy anything from him again. He said then go and throw your money down the drain on some p.o.s. on the internet and get no warranty, no support, and cheaply made products.

I laughed at him and said have a nice day!

What a joke. I have spent plenty of money in there and been pretty loyal and this is the outcome. Oh well.

BTW I think he was just pissed at me becuase I refused to even think about a 10K McIntosh system he was pushing HEAVILY on me and I guess this was how he wanted to get back at me.

Anyway I guess I will do some more looking/audtioning/and thinking!!

Greg

W

Will

Some of the local dealers around here have the 1066 in stock. I know because I recently got a call from a local dealer who said he had three in stock, one as a demo and two to sell. I had been bugging him for weeks before he called. But when he (finally) called I told him it was too late since I just got the 950.

Anyway, the point of this is, if any of you buy a Rotel 1066 from a dealer around here I'd love to do a comparison test between your 1066 and my new 950. This should happen after you get used to how the 1066 works although hopefully, the 1066 is straightforward to use. The 950 takes some getting used to (at least for me).

brian a

Second Unit
1066s are in stock around here as well. Mine took a little less than a week to get in about a month ago, but they were in stock for sale last week when I went in to listen to some B&Ws.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks