What's new

Where to find a Rotel 1066? (1 Viewer)

BobAlbano

Second Unit
I'm currently on the waiting list for a Outlaw 950 but all this talk about the Rotel 1066 has me intrigued. Where would I go about getting my name on a waiting list or even buying one? I read that the 1066 is warmer sounding that the 950. I will be pairing this with a Sherwood AM9080 amp and Klipsch Ref 3 Series speakers so I want something that is warm and not harsh! Can anyone help?;)

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Generally speaking, you can only obtain Rotel products from Rotel dealers. Take a look at the Rotel website and locate the dealer closest to you. Rotel is very strict (much like other manufacturers) as to eliminate the on line distribution of their products.

Every once in a while, a slightly used 1066 shows up on the hardware for sale board, two so far as I recall in the past month.

Bob

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
I think that their street price is about $1250-1350, If I remember correctly. Rotel dealers, depending on how nice they are, tend to give about 10-15% discout from a product when purchased new. I bought a Rotel 2ch preamp for 10% off list from a dealer, but you could probably find one for cheaper if you look around. Also, if you are looking to purchase a lot of stuff from that same dealer, you could probably knock off even more from the price.

BobAlbano

Second Unit
Do you know if there is any difference in price from the black one to the silver and black one? I you had to choose one, the 950 or the 1066 which one would you go with if you had my set-up? This will all be going in a 11.5x11.5 room.
WS55907
Panasonic RP-91
Sherwood Newcastle AM-9080
Klipsch Reference 3 Series
Dual SVS 20-39CS+/Samson combo
Denon CDRW 1500
ART 351 EQ

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
I would have to say that you should go with the 1066. It seems that in terms of sound quality, the two processors are different but quivalent. But in terms of useability and options and quirks, the Rotel has the upper hand. Also, Rotel gear tends to be on the warmer side of solid-state electronics, while the Outlaw has been said to be a tad bright. With Klipsch speakers, it is probably best to go with the more relaxed and/or warmer equipment, as not to induce listening fatigue.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Also, don't forget that the 950 has a tuner if that's important to you. You'll have to pay for one if you pick up the 1066, add another $100-300.

There is no price difference (MSRP) between the black and silver versions.

Basically a 12x12 room! Geez, dual SVS! Talk about rockin' the house. I would tend to agree that the 950 is a bit on the bright side (w/a Rotel 985mk2 amp, CDM1NTs) but not fatiguing.

If I didn't need a tuner (no flames please!), then the 1066 in silver would have probably been my choice if I could get one closer to $1200.

BobAlbano

Second Unit
What can I say I'm a basshead! I have had some really great car stereo systems in my day and now I want to have the bass volume that I had in my car in my house. Well not really, I would have to have 3 SVS in that room to get close. Thanks for the tuner tip as I forgot that the Rotel didn't have a integrated tuner. I will have to start either looking for the Rotel or new speakers. I am using my Denon ARV 3300 as a pre/pro for the time being.

W

Will

The FM tuner on the 950 is adequate but just barely, in my personal opinion. The AM tuner is awful, in my personal opinion. It's worse than just about every other tuner I've ever owned.

James_N_H

Stunt Coordinator
I thought Rotel Products only came in black? Or I have I got the wrong end of the stick with the rest of the conversation?
Thanks

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
James Rotel has started to ship silver versions of its recent line up with the Rotel 1066 pre amp being the first to feature the new colours...expect to see more silver products from them shortly.

James_N_H

Stunt Coordinator
Do you know if they will be doing any of the power amps in silver, espcially if they are going to feature the blues LED's?
Thanks

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
The plan is for them to carry their whole line in silver and black. The RSP-1066is the first to get the makeover, the amps are supposed to follow this month or next, I recall someone saying.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone seen a picture of their amps in silver? I'd be very interested in seeing how their heat sink design looks with the silver color. It sounds great but I'd like to see it.

BrentPollard

Second Unit
No pics of any silver components except the 1066, I just ordered a silver 1066, I also ordered a RLC 900 line conditioner and the RQ 970 phono preamp and was told that all are available in silver, I'm a bit skeptical so I'm gonna check in about a week to see how the order is progressing and to check if indeed the all silver package is shipping.:b

Lou G

Auditioning
Bob

I live in Naperville also. I auditioned a 1066 at Audio Consultants in Hinsdale...Ask for Chris. He quoted $1275 but I have a few months before I buy. I also have considered the 950. Added a 1075 5-ch amp with my Denon 3200. You can't go wrong with the Rotel. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks