What's new

Where is THE ODD COUPLE? (1 Viewer)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I heard quite some time ago that THE ODD COUPLE was on Paramount's scedule. Is this still the case? It's a great sitcom, and I'm eager to pick up all 5 seasons. Same goes for three of my DVD-collecting friends.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
I'm guessing The Odd Couple is in the same place Batman and Get Smart are...no where? It's sad, as these were 3 of my favorite shows growing up. I'd love to see them all again.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Looked like Central Park West to me. ;)

I don't understand the holdup on this one. It can't be a rights problem like Batman. It's definitely in demand. why the wait?

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
They BETTER be the original uncut broadcast eps. when they finally do come!
Tangent... My family knew Tony Randall and he spoke at my dad's wake. A true gent and class act. Part of the older classy NYC, (The theatre, the opera, dressing up for a nite out) that is fast disappearing in a deluge of fanny-pack sporting gawking touristos.

:) d

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
The book is also available at amazon.com for $16.47, however, there's no mention of the outtakes DVD being included if purchased from amazon. I hope when they finally do release the show to DVD that all the outtakes that exist will be included as part of the DVD extras.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
My wife and I just got back from a book signing in Manhattan that Jack Klugman attended. He looks TERRIFIC! God bless him! He signed his new book for us, and we took a picture with him. I mentioned to him how "One of My Wives Is Missing" is my alltime favorite TV mystery movie. He looked at me and said "My god, that was 100 years ago!" He was stunned that I remembered it. I didn't have time to ask about when The Odd Couple would be released on DVD, however the Odd Couple "Outtakes" DVD included in Jack's book "Tony and Me" contains 8 of the most hilarious minutes any fan of the show will ever enjoy. I'm so glad he included it with his book. I can't wait to read it. Anyway, here's the picture we took with him. Thanks Jack, you're a great talent. Good luck and God Bless!

[url=http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4369/jacktoday6xu.jpg] [/url]

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Carlos, you've provided HTF with some wonderful photos of you and celebs, and this is another. Thanks for sharing!

You're right, at 83 or thereabouts, Mr. Klugman does indeed look terrific.

Any story behind the baseball he was signing?

The book appears to be terrific from what I've seen of it.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
Thanks Steve. Actually, the baseball he signed belonged to the guy in front of us. He had met Jack several times before (once with Tony Randall). Yes the book is great, but the real treat is from the DVD that comes with it. Let's just say we never saw the Odd Couple behaving the way these outtakes showed them. Since there's only 8 minutes of outtakes on the DVD, I can only hope they saved alot more for when the show is finally released. The outtakes (if indeed more exists) have the potential to be the funniest blooper real in the history of television!

Mike*SC

Second Unit
About fifteen years ago, I was walking home from work in Manhattan and passed Tony Randall, who was leaving the Plaza Hotel. Twenty minutes later, I crossed Park Avenue... and Jack Klugman was crossing the other way! How's that for an odd sighting?

But to get this back on topic, I would buy this show in a heartbeat. Hear that, Paramount?! I can guarantee you one sale! How can you resist that?!

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I met Jack Klugman and Tony Randall myself back in 1993, in NYC, when both men were on the TODAY Show, live one morning. I got their autographs and a photo together with Tony Randall (I couldn't get one with Jack).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks