What's new

Where do I sit to do convergence? (1 Viewer)

Greg_Ritchie

Stunt Coordinator
I've just sat down to try and do the 9 point convergence on my 50HDX82. Do I sit where I would watch the movie? Or do I get as close as possible to the screen? After I touchfocus it I can't see any problems from my seat (7 feet away). If I sit about a foot away I can see some slight problems? Where should I do the convergence from? Also if the imperfections aren't visible to me in the convergence from my seat does this mean they won't be visible in the movies?

Thanks,
Greg

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Greg, most will say go right up to the screen get it as perfect as possible. BUT if you can't see it from the seat why bother? You'll see more flaws in a test pattern than in a movie anyways. And if your TV is on any angle from your seat the perception of straight will be different.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
The convergence is so easy to do, I'd go ahead and tweak it when sitting up close. Unless spending the time takes you away from your cancer research or something. ;)
Jan

Greg_Ritchie

Stunt Coordinator
No I was more worried that what I adjust up close wouldn't be correct for sitting 7 feet away. I went through and did it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks