What's new

Where can I buy really nice audio racks? (1 Viewer)

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Robert,
Nice rack but what type of receiver/amp will you be putting in it? I had contacted Tech Craft and they said their shelves will support up to 40 pounds, and the bottom of the rack will hold 60 pounds.

Todd Durham

Agent
audioadvisor.com

I found my rack there. Bought one of the Salamanders and have not been disappointed. The quality of the rack is outstanding and it looks like a fine piece of furniture. I bought the Synergy Twin S30 in maple/black for roughly $650 and received many compliments on it.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Todd,

I also just ordered the twin 30 with maple and black, maple sides and the silver feet. I got 10% off the list price (which is what audio advisor charges) from a small, local dealer. I guess if you didn't pay tax you might save a little vs shipping cost. I take it you didn't get the sides?

I plan to put my LPs on the bottom and have 2 6" sections above them on each side. And keep my turntable and 5ES receiver on top.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I have been using Salamander Synergy to great effect - really minimizes vibration.
I also use Boltz CD racks - very solid and economical if you have a big collection. Nice steel finish.
:)

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Robert,
Did you end up getting that Tech Craft rack you mentioned? If so, how is it?

The description says it has 5 shelves but the picture shows 4 (unless they're counting the very bottom as a shelf).

Daniel I

Stunt Coordinator
I am also looking into picking up nice stand. I especially like the stands that have a single slanted spine holding the racks. Any great manufacturers of this style rack?

Thanks for any advice.

Daniel I

Robert Ma

Second Unit
Marvin,

Sorry, I've been away for the internet for a few days. I didn't get the rack for myself yet. I did pick it for my fathers system and can vouch for the quality. The shelves are sturdy and deep enough to accomodate just about any amp.

The wood is pressure treated so it doesn't have that cheap press look or feel of most wood racks. They have 2 models, one with an extra shelf and a little taller. You really can't go wrong for the price.

Hope that helps, send me another private msg if have any more questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks