What's new

WHEN THE WEST WAS FUN: A WESTERN REUNION released 4/3/07 (1 Viewer)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
WHEN THE WEST WAS FUN: A Western Reunion, is being released on DVD. April 3,2007.

This was a 1979 TV special that featured about 60 TV Western stars from the fifties to the seventies reliving the glory days of the TV Western and complaining how modern film-makers just don't get the Western. (Westerns were fun!! Dagnabit!)

amazon.com lists the stars that appear. deepdiscount has it for $7.75. The runtime is 60 minutes.

I saw this when it aired originally and it was fun to see all those cowboy and cowgirl actors together. It ends with Glenn Ford dedicating the show to John Wayne who was nearing his end in real life.

S

silverking

Thanks for the tip on this one Bob. Have a rough old video copy so have ordered the disc.

Pity it seems to be only 60 mins ,which was the actual original broadcast version but had been clearly edited down ,particularly with the entrance of the various stars.The idea to have each one enter separately whilst a snatch of the theme music to their series played was a great idea.

Being a TV western fan I spent a lot of time trying to identify the episodes from which the various clips were taken.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Chris, how long is your copy? If this was originally broadcast in an hour slot it would have been about 49 minutes, so the 60 minute version is the expanded version. I agree that there must have been much more taped than used for the broadcast.

The original producer,Brad Marks, has been selling WHEN THE WEST WAS FUN for a while, for $25.00 and I think his expanded version was also listed as 60 minutes. I am guessing this release from Morada Vision is from Brad Marks.

The Golden Boot Awards, function grew from this reunion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks