What's new

What's your style in NCAA football? (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I pretty much run a pro style offense with the Fightin' Irish. I will use the option once or twice a game, but if it works, I use it until it doesn't. I basically run the ball and use a lot of play action passes. I hit the TE 3-5 times a game and the fullback 2-4 times a game.
So far my passing game has been very accurate. I am in week 13 of my 1st season and Holiday has 20 TDs and only 3 INTs. Plus he doesn't even have 2000 yards passing yet. :)
He is also almost to 400 yards rushing as well. :emoji_thumbsup:
NFL2K3 doesn't even really get played that much since I am now so addicted to NCAA 2003.
-Dean-

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
A quick slant or passing to the backs/TE on a short shallow pattern will work well against the inside blitz.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Larry Davenport said:
I need to find a book that explains defensive plays to me.
Save money. If you're playing the PS2 version, hit R2 during the play to show you what the defense looks likes.
Basic rules of thumb to remember is to chart what the defense is using.

These are my feelings on defense, and I'd like to start a discussion on them. I'm the farthest thing from an expert at defense, but I at least know the basics.

4-3
An extremely balanced defense suitable against most siutations. You generally use this when the offense is using two backs or less than three WR/SE.

3-4
Great against teams that like to use the option or for passing teams that use less than three WR/SE. It's also a good defensive option when you have lots of linebacker talent, but short on D-linemen. However, it's highly susceptible to runs up the middle.

Nickle
A balanced defense with a greater leaning towards pass defense.

Dime
A pure pass defense. Extremely susceptible to draws and runs of all kinds.

4-4
A pure run defense. Extremely susceptible to the deep ball.

5-2
A great run defense with okay pass defense.

Cover-2
I learned this from living in the dorms with football players and gathering other info off the net. A Cover-2 is basically a pass defense designed to cover shallow (flats) to short passes of 5-10 yards. The two safeties play zone (hence the two) to assist in pass defense or any deep balls.

Cover-3
Designed to protect the intermediate (10-15) pass.

Cover-4
Designed to protect the deep pass (15+) pass.

All other defense play are variations on who blitzes and types of coverage (zone vs. man to man).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks