What's new

What's your dream theater seat? (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I finally treated myself to my personally ideal theater seat. Being 6' 6", most chairs just aren't comfortable for me. I never realized that until I sat in a chair built for tall people. So, this week I treated myself to a La-Z-Boy Astor recliner, which is specifically designed for people 6' 3" and taller. I had one years ago, until it simply wore out.

What have I been thinking all this time by not getting another one? I might have to get a second one for the living room.

Anyone else have a favorite movie chair?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I have leather theater seats in the basement. They are perfect for 3-4 hours. After that I get anxious. My lazy boy I can power ride for 8 hours if I have to.
6DEFDC61-C310-44E7-8D1F-0051B8500FA6.jpeg
83B4C3CA-99B2-4FF4-BA15-F6681CD95685.jpeg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have leather theater seats in the basement. They are perfect for 3-4 hours. After that I get anxious. My lazy boy I can power ride for 8 hours if I have to. View attachment 139411 View attachment 139412
I've only had mine for one day, but I wonder how often I'll end up falling asleep until the middle of the night. I prefer fabric. Leather can get too sweaty for my taste, not having A/C.

Mine looks like it might be almost the same color, though darker. Here's a pic I found that looks like the same color. Since it's a tall chair, photos make it look small, but imagine it's the same width as the one you posted, and about a foot taller.

LZBY135530_A.jpg

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve got leather power recliners in the theater and I love them. I can’t sleep in them. But I can hang out comfortably for as long as I ever want.

But, I need to get some strong youths over to rotate them. A couple have gotten lots of use the past four years and the rest get minimal. I’d like to switch them around to even out the wear.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I have a leather reclining love seat in my theater. It’s comfortable enough but I’d rather have a actual reclining theater seats.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve got leather power recliners in the theater and I love them. I can’t sleep in them. But I can hang out comfortably for as long as I ever want.

But, I need to get some strong youths over to rotate them. A couple have gotten lots of use the past four years and the rest get minimal. I’d like to switch them around to even out the wear.
Figured I should add a photo. They were this seat, but apparently discontinued since the page is dead.
catfisch cinema-8.jpeg

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm realizing it might not be too late for me to buy some accessories.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I like my tall recliner so much I got a second one for the living room. I did see and sit in the model @Sam Posten has. It's also very comfy for tall people. And extremely roomy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks