What's new

What's the most you've ever spent on an itemk of clothing? (1 Viewer)

CharlesD

Screenwriter
$450 for a nice leather winter jacket.

and about the same for a tailor made suit and a couple of shirts in Singapore (probably would cost 3 or 4 times more in the US or Europe)

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
A couple of suits in the $300-$400 range.. I love my Marlboro Classic wintecoat ($350) and my Jonston & Murphy shoes ($250)
Don't think I've ever ventured above $400 for a single item.
Among my overpriced items that I still love are some hugo boss ties that set me back $65 a piece. They look good though :)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
For myself the most I’ve spent on an article of clothing is around $2200 for a very nice suit. Maybe it is mental since I spent so much but it really does feel so good when I wear it. Probably has to do with the fact that it is was custom fitted.

As a gift $5000 plus for a coat.

Jon_R

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up a pair of NEW jeans at Old Navy today for $2!
I'm young but (before sales the $750 Nautica suit) I got for $400. I'd say thats the most.
Of course she wears her ring all the time.. it wasn't cheap.
:)

David Ren

Stunt Coordinator
Man, you guys are lightweights:

$2,600 - Armani Suit

$2,700 - Gianni Versace suit

$2,900 - Helmut Lang triangle-punched leather jacket

Those are the three off the top of my head that I can think of. I also have many thousand dollar cashmere sweaters.

David

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Well,I just bought a nice $450 black leather coat at Wilsons...of course it was end of season sale and I got it for around $100..not that I have even needed a coat this winter,but dangit,it was on sale...

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I am but simple folk (ie. most of my money goes into my HT)... $175 for an authentic Pittsburgh Penguins sweater with Mario's name and number sewn on... :)
Go Pens!

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
Yikes...I can't imagine spending the amounts some people have, even if I was rich. But, to each his own. This is actually really interesting to see what ppl have bought.
The most I spent was $400 on the suit I bought to interview for jobs in. Still gets worn a few times a year. Other than that, 240 for the Andrew Marc leather jacket I bought about a month ago at a end of season sale (was $550 originally...never pay full price for a leather coat:) )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks