What's new

What's the most you've ever spent on an itemk of clothing? (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
£300 on a jacket. Still, I get good use out of it, so I've got my money's worth.

What do the rest of you spend on clothes? Does anyone venture over the $1000 mark?

Eve T

Supporting Actor
1,800 dollars on a Christian Dior suit jacket/skirt from the Dior botique in France.
Now if we were to talk handbags and shoes....I've spent way to much money on those. :)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I am way too abusive on clothes to spend alot of money on them. Expensive suits and shirts pretty much demand a delicate handling and I am more of the roll up my sleeves and dive in sort. I do keep a few $300 to $400 suits on hand but rarely wear them.

Bruce

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Women are going to "win" this thread!

If anything I bought for my wife doesn't count, it's (roughly the equivalent of) $750 I spent on a jacket (and $300 on other items), the day after my mother died and I needed something suitable (no pun intended) because I had a specific role, as eldest son, during the funeral service.

Cees

Janna S

Second Unit
Women won't win this thread if they are counting on me. I think the most I ever spent to purchase a garment was about $215 for a down coat.

However, I did spend about over $1500 to remodel a mink coat that was my mother's. No one else in my family wanted it (they all live in the lower 48 and are too worried about being harassed by animal rights advocates). I added fisher sleeves to it.

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
I make it a rule to not spend over $30 for an item of clothing. Probably like a $25 shirt is the most Ive paid.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I think the most I've spent is about $200 on a pair of leather pants. Ok, I can't believe I'm admitting that on here. :b
And I'm happy to say, I've never owned a suit. :D

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
The two most-expensive, most-recent purchases have been a couple of short-sleeved summer shirts by Paul Smith. A mere £115 each.

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
Hello. My name is Max and I am a Prada addict. I started out with shoes, like most, but soon I was buying vests and jackets.

The most on a single item would probably be my "good" suit (on-sale Armani for about $700).

Rain:

A bespoke suit is a suit made especially for you by a tailor. You don't take it "off the rack", but rather you choose a fabric, and then tell the tailor what you want (how many pockets, vents, the style, etc.). Because the suit is built according to your (usually) spoken requests, it is "bespoke".

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Armani Suit, $1,400, and you don't get a second pair of pants. Saks is very good at kissing up while you're being fitted.

Jim

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
$650 on a Ralph Lauren Leather Jacket.
Is that $150 for the jacket and $500 for the Ralph Lauren logo? :D
Myself, the most expensive piece of clothing I've bought is a ~$200 jacket. I spend a fortune on toys so I'm cheap when it comes to clothes. I usually spend $20 a piece on slacks for work (when I find them on sale) and will try one pair on, then buy 5 of the same pair to save time. I hate shopping for clothes.
My wife, on the other hand... her top number is in the neighborhood of $2000 for a custom, crushed velvet wedding dress. Then another $500 or so for a matching dress for our 6 month old (at the time) daughter. Both dresses were worn once and are now proudly preserved in a vaccumn using $150 worth of cardboard and plastic. They'll likely stay that way in storage until the day we all die, when they'll be sold at a flea market for $5 a piece. :angry:

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Most I Spent on a single peice of clothing? $34.99, pair of bluenotes jeans which i love and wear every other day... :p)
MOst expensive i have? $99.99 GAP Down Vest. Grey and Orange reversible...
I have no job, and i live in canada, what do you expect? :P
My friends however... One of them has more than 100 shirts... :eek: and probably has every single mens item from gap since 1998 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks