What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (5 Viewers)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Original 2006 MGM/Sony release of the first go of The Rat Patrol (1966-67 on ABC), from a local Goodwill for $4
ratpatrol1-1.jpg
ratpatrol1-2.jpg

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
In the last couple of days...

Dispatches from Elsewhere: Season 1 (Blu-ray; it's not clear that their will be a second season, but I suppose they're being optimistic)

Barney Miller: The Complete Series
The L Word: The Complete Series
Tales from the Crypt: The Complete Series

Life: Season 2
(the 2007 crime drama with Damian Lewis)
Four Star Playhouse, Volume 1 (a P.D. label collection of 4 episodes of the 1950s anthology)

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The Big Valley - Season 2 (Shout)

I really enjoy this series; the characters, the stories and the locations and therein lies my biggest issue. It seems that there are too many pick-up shots in studio. They have great locations and in most scenes, there is seemingly unnecessary cutting between studio and location. It is a sometimes frenetic and frantic experience. This pandemic has me searching for series I do not have. Will be scouring the 'net for the other three seasons if possible.

Montytc

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Montavon
Midsomer Murders - Series 6

I am a sucker for several of the Acorn TV series and this is one of my favorites. For the most part I borrow or stream these from my library since there are so many sets and they can be very expensive.
Besides this one I also enjoy The Brokenwood Mysteries, Foyles War and The Murdoch Mysteries.
Every so often I purchase a set to put on the shelf mainly because I appear to have the collecting disease.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Just ordered, through 3rd party sellers on Amazon.uk:

The Sentimental Agent: Complete Series [Region 2 DVD] (my second attempt to get this out-of-print set, used and at a decent price (at £39.98), after an abortive first try with a U.S. seller, where the shipping may or may not have been affected by the initial outbreak of Covid19)

The Strange Report: Complete Series [Region 2 DVD]

71N30JyQ10L._AC_SL1229_.jpg

718cq6oCX-L._AC_SL1234_.jpg

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Just ordered, through 3rd party sellers on Amazon.uk:

The Sentimental Agent: Complete Series [Region 2 DVD] (my second attempt to get this out-of-print set, used and at a decent price (at £39.98), after an abortive first try with a U.S. seller, where the shipping may or may not have been affected by the initial outbreak of Covid19)

Strange Report: Complete Series [Region 2 DVD]

Congrats on tracking down a copy of The Sentimental Agent, Peter! Mine never did arrive, alas...

I think you're really going to dig Strange Report.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
The Saint: The Complete Monochrome Series

134714_large.jpg

Since Network's shipping for this big box set (71 episodes of the four black-and-white seasons of The Saint, on 18 discs) was almost as much as the set itself, I added a few more titles that I've been eyeballing for a while now, with no additional charge to the shipping. I'm guessing that it'll be a big box heading my way...

Jason King: The Complete Series

71TFp9aMaDL._SY445_.jpg

I know it looks like Charles Bronson above, but it's Peter Wyngarde, of course, in this spinoff series to Department S.

Bless This House: The Complete Series

51a0GW36LQL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Catweazle: The Complete Series

71mVtI-i0uL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
It's well worth the upgrade, Skylar. The Prisoner looks stunning in HD.
I can't wait. It's coming from across the pond so I have a few days to build my anticipation. I'm keeping my DVDs because my understanding is the alternate version of THE CHIMES OF BIG BEN is not included.

I enjoy watching my favorite DANGER MAN episodes followed by THE PRISONER. Wish we could get DANGER MAN in BD.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I enjoy watching my favorite DANGER MAN episodes followed by THE PRISONER. Wish we could get DANGER MAN in BD.

Keep your fingers crossed. Word on the street is that Network has plans to release Danger Man on Blu-Ray at some point. Whether they will start with the half-hour series or the hour-long version is anybody's guess at this stage.

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
Keep your fingers crossed. Word on the street is that Network has plans to release Danger Man on Blu-Ray at some point. Whether they will start with the half-hour series or the hour-long version is anybody's guess at this stage.
Thanks for the news. I hope they start with the hour series. Some of my favorite TV episodes of all time are in that hour series run.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Congrats on tracking down a copy of The Sentimental Agent, Peter! Mine never did arrive, alas...

I think you're really going to dig Strange Report.

I was able to purchase Sentimental Agent several years ago, and you will really enjoy that one as well, Peter. Light and breezy, with a theme song that makes you want to get up and dance. :dance:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I was able to purchase Sentimental Agent several years ago, and you will really enjoy that one as well, Peter. Light and breezy, with a theme song that makes you want to get up and dance. :dance:

Oh, yes, The Sentimental Agent theme tune is ridiculously catchy! Here's a little suite of music from the series:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Bought volume 1 of a series called Survival that aired in 1964. VCI put this set out a few years ago. Only ever saw one episode and liked it very much. The episode I saw was about the attack on the carrier USS Franklin and the fight to save the badly damaged carrier.

Also bought the seasons 1-5 set of Laverne & Shirley that has popped up at Big Lots recently for $15. Was missing two of these seasons, so seemed like a good deal.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Also bought the seasons 1-5 set of Laverne & Shirley that has popped up at Big Lots recently for $15. Was missing two of these seasons, so seemed like a good deal.
I purchased that one for much the same reason - $15 for S1-S5 (I already had S1 & S2). Considering S6 is when they made the move to CA and the show, IMHO, took a nosedive I'm OK with just those 5 seasons.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks