What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (7 Viewers)

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I have the first two seasons of Cannon in the two-volume Paramount editions, gifted to me by a kind friend after he received the VEI complete series set...the transfers on those look equivalent to your screengrabs above, Randall. Not great by any means, but perfectly watchable (especially on a 50 inch or smaller TV set), and as you guys mentioned, uncut. Pity Barnaby Jones didn't receive the same treatment. I'd happily put up with Cannon-style video quality to get uncut episodes of that show...

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The Odd Couple (CBS condensed all-in-one of this 1970-75 ABC classic w/Tony Randall and Jack Klugman [known for the classic opening line, "Can two divorced men share an apartment without driving each other crazy?"]); release criticized for not having all original music of the time as well, IIRC...

oddcouple1.jpg
oddcouple2.jpg

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Only 8 20ish minute episodes, and I imagine Fox has gotten cheap.
Fox has *always* been "cheap" where physical media is concerned. They used defective DS/DL discs (OK... they weren't the only ones but them and Universal were the worst), putting existing P&S transfers on disc instead of springing for new WS transfers, non-anamorphic WS rather than anamorphic, and charging a premium to boot.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
The Odd Couple (CBS condensed all-in-one of this 1970-75 ABC classic w/Tony Randall and Jack Klugman [known for the classic opening line, "Can two divorced men share an apartment without driving each other crazy?"]); release criticized for not having all original music of the time as well, IIRC...

View attachment 66734 View attachment 66735
I also criticize it for not having this on any of the episodes...

~Ben

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, since I'm enjoying Gunsmoke, and am a little over halfway through the first segment of my watch of it (splitting it by eras, because I don't think I can do 20 long seasons in a row, and I do have to give CBS time to release the final three), I figured it would be a good time to buy...

Have Gun, Will Travel complete series.

People recommend it, and hey, 40 bucks for 6 seasons.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Hard to believe that Gunsmoke - Season 17 is sold out. Not on the Wal-Mart website, back ordered on Amazon and DeepDiscount. Went to Barnes&Noble and found the last copy on their shelf for 30% off ($34.99). Beginning to think I might never get this season.

Glad to have this. Have also pre-ordered Season 18 and 19. Can't believe this series is almost complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks