What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (1 Viewer)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Since the price dropped on it by about $9 at Amazon, I ordered Discotek's complete series Blu-ray set of the early-1980s Japanese sci-fi puppet series, Starfleet (a.k.a. X-Bomber). Supermarionation meets anime meets giant robot meets Star Wars!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Hogan's Heroes (condensed all-in-one of this 1965-71 CBS comedy w/Bob Crane, John Banner, Werner Klemperer, Richard Dawson, et al.)

hogan1.jpg
hogan2.jpg

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^^ such a wonderful show and set. even funny than I remember as a kid. I watched Stalag 17 not long ago and it has aged very well too.

Stopped by Good Will place to look for rugs. My old dog Scooter hasn't walked across the kitchen floor to go to the back yard or been in the backyard for a year so I need something anti slip. :D anyway, while I was in there $1.29 each (rounded to $5)
Hee Haw 7 dvd set. (yeah, I'm embarrassed.. looked brand new.. but I rounded!! okay!!! lol )
Hee Haw 1 dvd "Laffs"
And now for something complete different Monty movie. My old one skips so this was a great find too. looks new as well. they need to blu ray this in a regular price range along with the tv series.

oh...no rugs though. :(

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Watched HH Laffs. it was only 30 minutes. can't believe there weren't maybe 2 more 30 min clip shows on the dvd. at least it was a almost total hoot the whole time (no music, just comedy). Junior trying to get the punchline of a joke is classic tv. I didn't remember what a complete non actor natural he was.

I think the complete episodes on that large set will be a heart warming look back like Love American Style. I really need to get some Laugh In.

Likecats

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Got delivered The Pink Panther cartoon collection vol.5, and two Christmas TV movies The Homecoming (The Walton's pilot), and Yogi's First Christmas from Warner Archive.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Amazon Canada just shipped my Gunsmoke seasons 16 and 17 this evening, I should have them in hand on release date, next Tuesday. If physical media on disc is dying, my wallet hasn't got the message yet. Although I'm torn between some hard choices for what I want in the right here-and-now, considering Christmas is coming, and it will take far longer to actually enjoy these new DVD sets...but you can't beat the pre-order pricing. I also recently got the pricey (and wonderful) new CBS MOD Ben Casey...but Bonanza season 10 and High Chaparral season 4 are also imminent, and I've deferred on those in order to get some new Scream/Shout Factory Blu-ray (Hammer's excellent 1957 Abominable Snowman), Criterion's Blu of Man of a Thousand Faces, Arrow's new Blu of The Far Country and new KL Blu's (The Man Between, Lavender Hill Mob, Man in the White Suit, Charley Varrick, ffolkes, Magic Sword, Dr. Cyclops etc.), WAC's Merrill's Marauders, Bad and the Beautiful, etc., that just keep coming! And then to try and exploit the Criterion, KL and Twilight Time sales for back catalog Blu releases "while supplies last", "going, going, gone"... Lord have mercy!

I might be eating a lot of pork and beans in the new year, ha, ha...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks