What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (2 Viewers)

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Just bought the complete series set of Leave it to Beaver at Deep Discount.

Been looking forward to this for years, but always seemed to be really expensive when I'd look. But $70 for six seasons is a pretty good price, so I jumped at it. Especially since I don't own the Universal season 1 and 2 releases, so all six seasons are new to my collection.
That's where I just got it too. At 39 episodes per season that's about $0.30/episode, great bargain.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Supernatural S14 Blu
Band of Brothers blu

Best Buy's black Friday sale just started online at Midnight eastern, so I didn't even have to consider fighting the hordes.
I saw that too and knocked out 90% of my BF media purchases. A couple were TV series which I'll post once they arrive (I normally don't post the purchase until I actually have it in hand).

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I saw that too and knocked out 90% of my BF media purchases. A couple were TV series which I'll post once they arrive (I normally don't post the purchase until I actually have it in hand).

Perhaps that's something I ought to do-- wait to chronicle purchases until they actually arrive.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
D'oh! Missed that one.

I did, however, order The F.B.I., Season 1, Part 1 on ebay yesterday, now that it seems to be out-of-print at Warner Archive.

All 9 seasons of The FBI are still available at deepdiscount.com if you decide you want the rest of the series. And into today, they've got a 15% off Black Friday sale on DVDs and Blus. While I thought the final season was a bit weaker (as final seasons of many shows often are), I purchased the entire series a few years ago and have found just about every episode to be enjoyable. (And even a weak QM series episode is still better than so much of what gets made today, so you can't go wrong.)

I took advantage of the sale yesterday and purchased all 5 seasons of Dr. Kildare. I've owned and enjoyed the old film series courtesy of WAC but had never seen more than a few clips of the TV series; so I thought it was time to remedy that. I also purchased Season 20 of Law & Order: SVU, one of the few current series I still watch.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
All 9 seasons of The FBI are still available at deepdiscount.com if you decide you want the rest of the series. And into today, they've got a 15% off Black Friday sale on DVDs and Blus. While I thought the final season was a bit weaker (as final seasons of many shows often are), I purchased the entire series a few years ago and have found just about every episode to be enjoyable. (And even a weak QM series episode is still better than so much of what gets made today, so you can't go wrong.)

I took advantage of the sale yesterday and purchased all 5 seasons of Dr. Kildare. I've owned and enjoyed the old film series courtesy of WAC but had never seen more than a few clips of the TV series; so I thought it was time to remedy that. I also purchased Season 20 of Law & Order: SVU, one of the few current series I still watch.

Thank you for the heads up, Dave! I've had some problems in the past, with fraudulent Visa debit card charges after ordering from Deep Discount, so I tend to avoid that company since then. It's too bad, as they often have nice sales on Warner Archive titles. I might buy one of those Visa gift cards you can get for $50 or $100 and try ordering from them again at some point.

As for The F.B.I. itself, I remember the show from syndicated airings growing up in the '70s and early '80s, but never really paid much attention to the show. I think it'll be right up my alley now, though, and as you say, the Q in a Q.M. production generally stands for "Quality." Will start with S1 and see how it rolls.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
Thank you for the heads up, Dave! I've had some problems in the past, with fraudulent Visa debit card charges after ordering from Deep Discount, so I tend to avoid that company since then. It's too bad, as they often have nice sales on Warner Archive titles. I might buy one of those Visa gift cards you can get for $50 or $100 and try ordering from them again at some point.

As for The F.B.I. itself, I remember the show from syndicated airings growing up in the '70s and early '80s, but never really paid much attention to the show. I think it'll be right up my alley now, though, and as you say, the Q in a Q.M. production generally stands for "Quality." Will start with S1 and see how it rolls.
Jeff - see if your credit card supports virtual numbers. One shot number eliminates fraud charges as the pseudo card is only good for the one transaction.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve

Great show I think you'll really like it.

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Jeff - see if your credit card supports virtual numbers. One shot number eliminates fraud charges as the pseudo card is only good for the one transaction.

Hmm, not sure that's doable with my Japanese bank-issued debit card, Marv. Debit cards are still rather new over here. however, I appreciate the tip and will look into it. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks