What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (3 Viewers)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Lost In Space (newly-released widescreen Fox condensed all-in-one of this 1965-68 CBS sci-fi series w/Guy Williams, June Lockhart, et al.)

lostinspace1.jpg
lostinspace2.jpg

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Which is what I might do sometime in the future-- as I said before, I have the first-through-third-season individuals, and the first parts of the fourth and fifth seasons, but I'm thinking seriously about getting rid of those, and upgrading to this all-in-one!
$50 at Wallys! They had 2, one had the cover torn up and mine looked perfect. Wally's shelves tear stuff up. I've gotten so many great deals on TV stuff from Wallys lately... I think I saw All in the Family for $60. I'm going to grab one when I go back. I have the whole show but 1 disc died from rot. Just to be safe... the whole thing again! And I'm waiting and hoping they get Maude.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
We just bought seasons one through five of Scrubs for $20 at a second hand store. New condition. I hope I like it.
I got Doctor Who Key to Time box set at a Good Will Store for $7.50 a year or so ago, the discs all looked very good to perfect. it was half off since the price tag was orangE! lol

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
The users reviews on it are all over the place. One review said the dvd version has a misprint "also available on blue ray" or something similar (I couldn't find that review again just now) A seller on ebay has it listed as region B. Amazon says all region and PAL. I think blurays, dvds and knockoffs are getting all mixed together on this. :(

Bob, I think $61 is for the DVD? The blu ray is a bit higher. They raised it on amazon.com as well from what it was yesterday. I'll prob wait on this.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The users reviews on it are all over the place. One review said the dvd version has a misprint "also available on blue ray" or something similar (I couldn't find that review again just now) A seller on ebay has it listed as region B. Amazon says all region and PAL. I think blurays, dvds and knockoffs are getting all mixed together on this. :(

Bob, I think $61 is for the DVD? The blu ray is a bit higher. They raised it on amazon.com as well from what it was yesterday. I'll prob wait on this.
Yes, Amazon has reviews for different products mixed. They have the R2 DVD reviews mixed in with the UK, region free, BR set. Amazon US rarely gets "region free" products listed properly. Big Bang Theory is from Warner Brothers. All of their BR product is region free. So is BR from Paramount and Disney. If any of those 3 have region locked BR product I've not yet seen it.

The BR set at Amazon UK did go up. It's now ~$83 US shipped.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yes, Amazon has reviews for different products mixed. They have the R2 DVD reviews mixed in with the UK, region free, BR set. Amazon US rarely gets "region free" products listed properly. Big Bang Theory is from Warner Brothers. All of their BR product is region free. So is BR from Paramount and Disney. If any of those 3 have region locked BR product I've not yet seen it.

The BR set at Amazon UK did go up. It's now ~$83 US shipped.
Thanks bob. I'll keep a watch on this one and order once it drops again. btw, it was about $72 on amazon.com.

just noticed. £31.99 but out of stock

https://shop.warnerbros.co.uk/the-big-bange-theory-seasons-1-11-blu-ray

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
well, amazon.com repriced TBBT at $70, less than before, so I went on ahead. I had enough reward points on my card for it to be $59. Hard to beat that one! Happy to have nearly the whole thing finally and on blu ray! Not worried so much about the really low price on warnerbros.co.uk. there's a misspelling there! big BANGE theory!?! and I searched for the right spelling and it came up the same as $68. I bet with shipping to the US it's even higher for there and amazon uk! Will report back on how they work but it does say all region even though it also says PAL which is wrong.

rebought The Simpsons season 4. (long story version follows) Was just talking about my All in the family season 6 having a rotten disc. By chance I wanted to watch Buffy the vamp slayer, one I've been so slow on! Only on season 2. I decided to check all the discs from all the seasons to make sure there's nothing wrong like rotten discs or blemishes, which have ruined a few! I think that's cases doing that. All was well, also with the spinoff Angel. All my seasons of 24 were fine. etc etc. But then I get to simpsons, I'm also slow. ONly on season 2 as well. I had a lot of discs that were sticky around the outside edges and the center area on the flat side of each side!! One disc had a small rotten place, like the huge place on All in the Family. brand new disc ruined. :( I've had problems with I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, Leave it to Beaver and others with blemishes. I have quite a few others to open and check. scary stuff.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Correction: the set from warnerbros uk for 51.99 is the DVD region 2 set. So that blu ray would have to be much more. I think I got a very good deal. plus I should have it within a week and half. I hate binging stuff but... I stopped on season 6 when Howie gets back from space and can't wait to get back started because I want to get to the end and then go back to season 1 and start again !!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks