What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (2 Viewers)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^ ...and...friends... lol

oh, not tv but I put in For the love of Benji the new blu ray for the add on price 4.99. the whole thing was less than 35. thought others might want to grab that cute doggie too!

Nobody but me remembers this... tugs at the hearts strings as a car overturns and burns. lol

And speaking of Boomer... I picked up the UK blu ray of Battlestar Galactia classic. $25 upgrade.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Took advantage of a sale from Madman Entertainment in Australia and ordered:

McCloud, Season 1 on DVD (with the correct, unedited 1-hour episodes)
Columbo, S1 and S2 on Blu-Ray (S1 also includes the original pilot film, "Prescription: Murder.")

About $28 USD for all three...however, international shipping to Japan was not pretty, and added about $15 to the order (ouch!) Still, even with the shipping, pretty good prices for these sets.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I just watched Columbo Last Salute to the Commodore. never thought I'd be happy for a Columbo to be OVER! i was thinking there was a writers strike that week!!!

Really like that episode myself, mostly due to Patrick McGoohan, who is typically intense as the killer. It is a tad overlong, to be sure. Prefer the shorter Columbos in general.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Really like that episode myself, mostly due to Patrick McGoohan, who is typically intense as the killer. It is a tad overlong, to be sure. Prefer the shorter Columbos in general.
Overlong definitely. exactly what I was thinking... Columbo touching and holding people really really long time. Him taking a long time to do things is usually so funny, one more question and all.. but i was thinking they told him to stretch it... it was so uninteresting though! that actress who is meditating on the boat bridge is cute to watch though. and Diane Baker who plays the wife/daughter is real pretty tooo. She's in a ton of stuff. I was thinking she was in Earthquake but that was somebody else.

OH, I think you mean Robert Vaughn? It does have a terrific cast.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Overlong definitely. exactly what I was thinking... Columbo touching and holding people really really long time. Him taking a long time to do things is usually so funny, one more question and all.. but i was thinking they told him to stretch it... it was so uninteresting though! that actress who is meditating on the boat bridge is cute to watch though. and Diane Baker who plays the wife/daughter is real pretty tooo. She's in a ton of stuff. I was thinking she was in Earthquake but that was somebody else.

OH, I think you mean Robert Vaughn? It does have a terrific cast.

D'oh! You're right, I always confuse the title of this one and that Patrcik McGoohan military school episode (is it "By Dawn's Early Light"?)...yes, agreed on this Robert Vaughn one being one of the weaker Columbo episodes. Do like the one with him and Columbo on the cruise ship, though. Vaughn is the sort of oily arrogant killer I like to see matching wits with our rumpled detective. Sorry for the confusion!

And I agree re: Diane Baker.

diane_baker_2-620x465.png

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Looks like you went to town! I never did care for Longmire, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Longmire was best before it made its jump to Netflix, those seasons seemed unfocused, and decisions made the final season are head scratching. Walt became more and more unlikable as the seasons went on

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks