What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The Invaders (CBS condensed both-in-one of this winter/spring 1967-68 ABC sci-fi series w/Roy Thinnes as architect David Vincent)

invaders1.jpg
invaders2.jpg

Last edited:

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Is it worth it? I've been pondering this for awhile.
Am I correct--it is $200 + tax and shipping?

I just ordered it yesterday, so I'm nowhere near having it in my hands yet. But yes, that's the price unless you catch it around Christmas.

However, the rescanned Monkees in Paris episode I saw a clip from on YouTube was night and day in comparison to the DVD version.

And, being a Star Trek day one buyer, I broke the set down like this: $60 per season, $30 for Head (Criterion pricing since they released the Blu last), $20 for 33 1/3rd, $20 for Bonus features. So that's $190... almost there!

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Weird Science - Complete Series. I finally caved and purchased the Australian release after waiting for years for it to be finished with US releases. It's NTSC and plays on R1 players in spite of the case saying R4 (I'm guessing it's region free but don't know).

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Hart to Hart - The Complete Series. I already had S1 & S2 but got a super deal on this and paid just a couple of $$ more than Amazon's current price for S3 making it worth the double-dip for the first two seasons. Because of issues with bootleg Shout releases I checked the discs and am happy to say they're double density (~7.5GB per disc). Everything else is up to Shout's standards so I'm confident it's a legit copy.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Hart to Hart - The Complete Series. I already had S1 & S2 but got a super deal on this and paid just a couple of $$ more than Amazon's current price for S3 making it worth the double-dip for the first two seasons. Because of issues with bootleg Shout releases I checked the discs and am happy to say they're double density (~7.5GB per disc). Everything else is up to Shout's standards so I'm confident it's a legit copy.

Sooner or later, I'm going to replace all my individual seasonals of Hart to Hart with Shout!'s all-in-one, because it's uniformly packaged-- keepcases for all five seasons' worth (better than the way the first two were originally packaged).

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Sooner or later, I'm going to replace all my individual seasonals of Hart to Hart with Shout!'s all-in-one, because it's uniformly packaged-- keepcases for all five seasons' worth (better than the way the first two were originally packaged).
Yeah... I very much like Shout's packaging over those digipaks. It annoys me when *new* premium releases these days are put in digipaks instead of standard multi-disc cases (looking at *you* Kino and the oversized Outer Limits BR digipaks).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks