What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (4 Viewers)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Falling Skies - S5 (another complete)
Sea Hunt - S1, S2, S3, S4 (complete series). I purchased the "Complete Series Collector's Edition" which is nothing more than the 4 individual TGG Direct releases shrink wrapped together. Amazon indicates: "DVD-R Note: This product is manufactured on demand when ordered from Amazon.com." I was thrilled to open the package and find they are the 2012 *pressed* versions and *NOT* MOD! Each season is in a multi-disc standard size amaray type keep case. The best part is I snagged it for $21.95 a few days back - it's going for $54.95 today!

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Falling Skies - S5 (another complete)
Sea Hunt - S1, S2, S3, S4 (complete series). I purchased the "Complete Series Collector's Edition" which is nothing more than the 4 individual TGG Direct releases shrink wrapped together. Amazon indicates: "DVD-R Note: This product is manufactured on demand when ordered from Amazon.com." I was thrilled to open the package and find they are the 2012 *pressed* versions and *NOT* MOD! Each season is in a multi-disc standard size amaray type keep case. The best part is I snagged it for $21.95 a few days back - it's going for $54.95 today!

$21.95!!! OMG I never had any notice about that. I only have one season so far. I would have bought the whole shabang for that price. Nice find!

I just ordered Baywatch Nights season 2.

Could not resist David Hasselhoff chasing monsters in that seasons bizarre X-Files clone revamp.

Last edited:

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Got the DVD of The Deliberate Stranger, which stars Mark Harmon as serial killer Ted Bundy, and was originally shown over 2 nights in 1986, on NBC, as a made for TV movie.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I got my Tax Refund from "The Big River" so I relieved "The Big River" of the UK Import of the 1966 Marvel Superheroes (I know, it's PAL, but I have a region-free DVD/VCR). :cool: Upon receiving this set I'll give the 'boots of this series to my friend, Mr. B.F. Hammerr. I'm sure they'll find him to be a SMASH! :laugh::rolling-smiley:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
91iycNwo7XL._SX425_.jpg

arrived in the mail yesterday

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Received notice that Beverly Hillbillies season 1 has shipped from Amazon. Dr. Kildare season 5 on the way from Import cd...

Other recent buys are VEI's Riptide complete series,(one of my few '80s shows)...Gunsmoke season 11 and The Virginian season 7...

I also just received season 1 and 7 of Alfred Hitchcock Presents and all 3 seasons of Alfred Hitchcock Hour in region 2 pal from Fabulous Films via Amazon UK...having given up on Universal and considering Shout's failed attempt to license...I'm glad to have the whole series complete, even considering the problematic combination of season's 2 - 5 being R1 pressed, season 6 R1 MOD, seasons 1 and 7 R2 PAL, and the final 3 seasons of AHH being likewise...I'm glad to have a region free player...

I think I'm done buying TV until Shout's July release of The Defenders S1...I do have a number of Kino, TT and Criterion Blu's on pre-order...

I'm going to be very busy watching all of this!

Last edited:

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I also just received season 1 and 7 of Alfred Hitchcock Presents and all 3 seasons of Alfred Hitchcock Hour in region 2 pal from Fabulous Films via Amazon UK...having given up on Universal and considering Shout's failed attempt to license...I'm glad to have the whole series complete, even considering the problematic combination of season's 2 - 5 being R1 pressed, season 6 R1 MOD, seasons 1 and 7 R2 PAL, and the final 3 seasons of AHH being likewise...I'm glad to have a region free player...

How is the quality of the Alfred Hitchcock Hour from Fabulous Films? I'm considering the Australian release from Madman, too. Don't know which is the better quality.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Robert, the Fabulous Films R2 releases are great...first rate PQ and Audio...at least the equal of the Universal pressed releases...Fabulous Film's season 1 of AHP is presented on 6 pressed discs, season 7 on 5...each season of AHH is presented on 8 pressed discs...I purchased the 3 season complete Hitchcock Hour in the 24 disc set box ...each of those seasons are in their own 8 disc Scanavo clearcase...I got all of these for about $190 US. + about $16 standard shipping from Amazon UK...received in 9 days...I'm in Canada.

I've watched a few favourite episodes already..."The Magic Shop", "The Jar", "Nothing Ever Happens In Linvale", "Bang, You're Dead" etc....I'm elated to have this essential series complete in my collection...

I know that Madman's sets are great also...some USA online retailers like Import CD stock them on and off...I just thought that I preferred to use Amazon, with whom I've always been happy...

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Both Volumes of Rocket Robin Hood (A Blind Buy but considering it was produced by the same group that produced the 1966 Marvel Super Heroes and the 1967 Spiderman I'm looking forward to getting this one),

Snoop Sisters

Last edited:

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I know that Madman's sets are great also...some USA online retailers like Import CD stock them on and off.

Thanks for the steer to Import CDs. I'll keep them in mind when I next order a Madman set. I bought McCloud S1 directly from Madman, which was a bit pricey with shipping to the States.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Downton Abby - S1, S2, S3
SCTV: Network 90 - V1
Becker - S3
The Guild - S5, S6
Daniel Boone - S1 (a rare double-dip for the new Shout release)

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott

Other recent buys are VEI's Riptide complete series,(one of my few '80s shows)...

As a fellow Riptide fan, I wanted to let you know the complete series box set from Germany has the music intact, no edits like found in the region 1 set. Sadly though, the teasers are NOT included. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    papill6n
    Recent bookmarks