What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (7 Viewers)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
91PEIJ-2DeL._SL1500_.jpg

that Pokey looks so cool next to the gumby i got with the first set, reliving that childhood all over again
one of the things I was waiting on. very happy to see this. I can get the 50s and 60s sets now, and get the bendies too!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I picked up a copy of the mini-series Once an Eagle at a flea market today. It's a blind buy, but it set me back only a buck.

BTW I'm considering getting both Gumby sets, most likely this summer. I already have their "Sister Series" Davey and Goliath. :thumbsup:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^ I have Davey & Goliath as well. GREAT set of old shows. I used to get up really early Saturday mornings in the late 70s early 80s just to watch that before all the other cartoons/etc came on. If I had a time machine I'd want to do that again. Although that will never happen since I don't remember any hair raising older self showing uppp!! lol

I'm broke and we haaaaad to be talking about Saturday morning show here... so I cleaned the coin out of the sofas...

World of Sid and Marty Krofft Collector's Set!! Volume 1. Has 4 complete shows: Land of the Lost (a back up copy for me), Pufnstuff (back up copy), Sigmund & the Seamonsters (2nd season included!!) and Elecra Woman & Dyna Girl (only have tapes). It's listed as Region 4/PAL but everybody says it's Region 0/NTSC/PAL. I'll find out! Maybe they'll do a volume 2 and 3 and ..;. it was $46.xx on ebay (make that $43.xx after the payment went through conversion, nice!). The price from amazon jumped $10 (65 now!) yesterday!
Just wanted to let folks know this is in fact NTSC all region (not Region 4 as listed on the box). Watched a Land of the Lost yesterday and it seems to look as good as the Rhino release.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
^^ I have Davey & Goliath as well. GREAT set of old shows. I used to get up really early Saturday mornings in the late 70s early 80s just to watch that before all the other cartoons/etc came on. If I had a time machine I'd want to do that again. Although that will never happen since I don't remember any hair raising older self showing uppp!! lol

Just wanted to let folks know this is in fact NTSC all region (not Region 4 as listed on the box). Watched a Land of the Lost yesterday and it seems to look as good as the Rhino release.

If I were able to travel back in time I'd spend five months starting with September, 1969. I'd hook my DVD Recorder to a TV set and record the entire Hot Wheels and Skyhawks series.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I've checked Amazon's UK site and confirmed that Seasons 7 and 8 of L.A. Law have both been released today (for Region 2). So tonight I've placed an order for both sets. After delays in both Region 1 and Region 2, and what now seems like a permanent stalling of Region 1 sets, I'm glad I'll finally have the full 8 seasons, even if it's not all in Region 1.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Full-series compact Sanford and Son release (criticized for having all of its discs on a spindle)
Hi Ben!

I actually have this set, and I don't find the spindle to be problematic at all! By no means am I saying it's a perfect setup, but sometimes I get the feeling that some reviewers have to find something to complain about.

I'm stalled on Season 4 at the moment, but from what I've watched so far, the visual quality is about as good as can be expected for a videotaped '70s sitcom. Watch for pixel dot whiteout (Or whatever the correct term is!) that appears on the right side in some shots in some of the early Season 1 and/or Season 2 episodes. Because it isn't in every shot, I believe it is likely from one of the two or three cameras that were used for shooting the episodes.

CHEERS! :)

Tony

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Hi Ben!

I actually have this set, and I don't find the spindle to be problematic at all! By no means am I saying it's a perfect setup, but sometimes I get the feeling that some reviewers have to find something to complain about.

I'm stalled on Season 4 at the moment, but from what I've watched so far, the visual quality is about as good as can be expected for a videotaped '70s sitcom. Watch for pixel dot whiteout (Or whatever the correct term is!) that appears on the right side in some shots in some of the early Season 1 and/or Season 2 episodes. Because it isn't in every shot, I believe it is likely from one of the two or three cameras that were used for shooting the episodes.

CHEERS! :)

Tony

I'll keep that in mind! Thanks for the response and the like on my post. I'm glad that you have had no problems with that spindle; just the same, I think that I might put the discs in individual sleeves and put those sleeves in the larger box, like this one reviewer on YouTube has done.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
X-Files, Season 1. (Blu-ray).

Starting my first ever sustained viewing of X-files as I've only seen 1 movie but had been wanting to view this series.

Next will be Season 9 and the just-released reboot.

91IL3AbRiDL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
The Larry Sanders show. Took that kick in the butts to get me to order it finally... :( kind of neat since I'm a huge fan of GS (and btw I've never seen a single episode).

Last edited:

trevanian

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin
UK spy series SCALPHUNTERS, all 3 seasons, have been reading about it for forever, am hoping this is the missing link between CALLAN (got the 2 available in US sets locally earlier this year) and MI-5/Spooks.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Thanks to a recent Mill Creek online store closeout sale:

Roseanne - S1 (missed the complete series due to site crashes but I have S2 and with S1 that's truly all I want of this one)
The Cosby Show - Complete Series (may return my unopened S1-S4 Urbanworks sets to SAMs for refund. That could be interesting since they no longer stock media here)
1001 Classic Commercials (stuff from the 50s/60s - couldn't resist for $3)
The Flying Nun - S1, S2
The Nanny - S1, S2
The 10th Kingdom - Miniseries
The Odyssey - Miniseries
For my grandson:
Johnny Test - S1-5 (a surprise for him - he loves the show. I find it better than most new animated offerings)
The Partridge Family - Complete series (I have the CBS releases and he loves the show so for $7 he gets a copy to take home)

All that and a couple of movie sets were just over $50 shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks