What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought?

Tony Bensley

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
GILLIGAN'S ISLAND: SEASON 3 (Single Sided DVDs!) ordered from Amazon Canada arrived today. I'm hoping to receive the Single Sided Seasons 1 & 2 (Currently $9.99 each at our local Shopper's Drug Mart) as a Christmas present, to replace my Double Sided Gilligan's!

CHEERS! :)

Reactions: LouA and BobO'Link

LouA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Tony Bensley said:
GILLIGAN'S ISLAND: SEASON 3 (Single Sided DVDs!) ordered from Amazon Canada arrived today. I'm hoping to receive the Single Sided Seasons 1 & 2 (Currently $9.99 each at our local Shopper's Drug Mart) as a Christmas present, to replace my Double Sided Gilligan's!

I was hoping that just maybe , they might put Gilligan out on Blu-ray . So, I may wait just a bit longer . If it doesn't look like it will happen , I'll do what you did and get the single sided sets and give away the "flippers".

Reactions: Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
LouA said:
I was hoping that just maybe , they might put Gilligan out on Blu-ray . So, I may wait just a bit longer . If it doesn't look like it will happen , I'll do what you did and get the single sided sets and give away the "flippers".
Hi Lou!

Well, this article from January of last year confirms that GILLIGAN'S ISLAND has been remastered in HD for TV Land Broadcasts: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/01/16/gilligans-island-docks-at-tv-land-for-the-first-time-in-10-years/

While by itself, this confirms nothing in terms of Blu-ray issuing, the cost of HD scanning is out of the equation!

Perhaps I've jumped the gun, here? Time will tell!

Tony

LouA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Tony Bensley said:
Hi Lou!

Well, this article from January of last year confirms that GILLIGAN'S ISLAND has been remastered in HD for TV Land Broadcasts: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/01/16/gilligans-island-docks-at-tv-land-for-the-first-time-in-10-years/

While by itself, this confirms nothing in terms of Blu-ray issuing, the cost of HD scanning is out of the equation!

Perhaps I've jumped the gun, here? Time will tell!

Tony
If any sitcom is popular enough to join Lucy , Andy , and Dick Van Dyke on BD it's probably Gilligan . Let's hope so!

Tony Bensley

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
LouA said:
If any sitcom is popular enough to join Lucy , Andy , and Dick Van Dyke on BD it's probably Gilligan . Let's hope so!
Hi Lou!

Especially considering that HD Transfers have already been made, and are also available that way digitally on Amazon Video and Vudu, I'm inclined to agree with you!

Tony

LouA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Latest TV purchase

Welcome Back Kotter ,

and Babes In Toyland - 1950's black and white version on kinescope with Wally Cox , and Dave Garroway

Tony Bensley

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
GILLIGAN'S ISLAND: Seasons 1 and 2 (Single Sided DVDs!) from Shopper's Drug Mart; a rare Brick & Mortar purchase. Somehow, it strikes me as a bit sobering that my having them put on hold was not only unnecessary, but I actually ended up getting the GI Season 1 DVD set off of the rack instead, when I noticed the annoying tell tale rattle! :P

Now that I have the entire series on DVD, I wonder when the impending Blu-ray issue announcement might occur? ;)

Reactions: BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
French & Saunders: "On the Rocks" (debated getting the box set but think I can get the individual releases less expensively as it's now apparently OOP)

The Guild - S4

Falling Skies - S3

Make Room for Daddy - S6 (I really wish more of this one was available - especially S1-S4)

David Weicker

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Chuck Complete Series on Blu.

Saw Amazon's price of $45.99 and almost bit (but on backorder).

Then checked DeepDiscount - $38.70. After shipping and tax $43.45. And it's on it's way.

Regulus

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I ordered The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy from The Big River. Hopefully they'll arrive in time to go under the tree, :biggrin: I'll order some more shows on Christmas and a final wave on January 6. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Reactions: Blurayfan

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
- The X-Files: Complete Series (pre-ordered from Fox Connect over the summer, but just got it last week)

- Bewitched: The Complete Series (got the original 31 disc Sony pressing for $21.99 on Amazon - wanted to avoid the newer 22 disc Mill Creek set which some reviewers have said looks overcompressed)

- I Dream Of Jeanie: The Complete Series (got the original 20 disc Sony pressing for $17.99 on Amazon - wanted to avoid the newer Mill Creek version which some reviews have said is overcompressed)

bmasters9

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Josh Steinberg said:
- Bewitched: The Complete Series (got the original 31 disc Sony pressing for $21.99 on Amazon - wanted to avoid the newer 22 disc Mill Creek set which some reviewers have said looks overcompressed)

- I Dream Of Jeanie: The Complete Series (got the original 20 disc Sony pressing for $17.99 on Amazon - wanted to avoid the newer Mill Creek version which some reviews have said is overcompressed)
Smart buys on those! I don't doubt those reviews or reviewers one bit when it comes to Mill Creek's full releases of Bewitched and Jeannie, especially considering how Mill Creek crams far too many shows on each disc.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryMeyer