What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (6 Viewers)

Noir Norn

Second Unit
Real Name
Warren
Chris Nolan's
Interstellar

1000031338.png

4k UHD at a bargain price from Amazon,
but hardly worth that. Too bloated and self-important for me😮‍💨

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
4k UHD at a bargain price from Amazon,
but hardly worth that. Too bloated and self-important for me😮‍💨
Was this your first viewing?

Interstellar is my favorite Christopher Nolan film that doesn't have Batman in it. I've been tempted to revisit my copy but decided to wait for the theatrical re-release in September so it isn't quite as recent in my mind when I go to that.

Anyway, I recently completed a rewatch of the Harry Potter films.

Last edited:

Wes Candela

Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela

Interstellar is my favorite Christopher Nolan film that doesn't have Batman in it. I've been tempted to revisit my copy but decided to wait for the theatrical re-release in September so it isn't quite as recent in my mind when I go to that.

How was the rewatch of Potter, Harry?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Last night it was the German Bluray Releases of "The Brain that Wouldn't Die" and the Vlassic "Manster". Nice clean editions on Both and being the European versions had some added scenes not gound in the US relased versions.

Attachments

• s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 8
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 8

Noir Norn

Second Unit
Real Name
Warren

Yes. It was my first viewing. I only bought it after taking in Oppenheimer which I much prefer.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I only bought it after taking in Oppenheimer which I much prefer.
That makes sense. Oppenheimer is a very different kind of film than Interstellar despite coming from the same director. They're not playing in the same sandbox. I think both demonstrate Nolan's incredible skill for thoughtful large-scale entertainment, though.

How was the rewatch of Potter, Harry?
Wonderful. I got to see the first one with the prerecorded score removed, played live by a symphony orchestra in concert. I've always loved the score, but hearing it live in front of you really puts more emphasis on the music, and it was a fantastic experience to see the movie in that way with a enthusiastic and responsive crowd. It didn't change the movie, of course, but it did feel like a new way of experiencing the music. The live concerts have happened around the world, but I think most places do them about once a year or so. If the others are on that schedule, it will be 2032 before we get to the live performance of Deathly Hallows Part 2 here. So I just watched the remaining films with my Blu-rays. All of them remain excellent and very satisfying. I think Harry Potter is one of the most consistently enjoyable movie series ever made. (The diminishing returns of Fantastic Beasts don't count.)

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga
Originally Released: 05/24/2024
Watched: 05/27/2024
In theaters: 11:30 AM digital IMAX showing on Screen 1 at Regal Crossgates & IMAX

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024) IMAX Poster

Recommended?
Yes

Why? This prequel to 2015's Mad Max: Fury Road delivers post-apocalyptic vehicular mayhem like only George Miller can, and provides an engagingly nihilistic villain in Chris Hemsworth's Demntus. Both Alyla Browne and Anya Taylor-Joy are effective as the preteen and teenage/young adult versions of the title character.

More of my thoughts (which may contain spoilers) are available here.

* * *​
Eileen
Originally Released: 12/01/2023
Watched: 05/27/2024
4K digital streaming on Hulu via Roku Ultra

Eileen (2023) Hulu Thumbnail

Recommended?
Yes

Why? Hollywood has a tendency to idealize mid-century America, especially before the escalation of the Vietnam war. But this is an early-sixties period piece that is utterly devoid of nostalgia. Thomasin McKenzie adds to her filmography of unconventional protagonists as the title character, a sexually frustrated young woman with an alcoholic father at home and a dead end job at a nearby juvenile correctional facility. But everything changes for Eileen when the new psychologist arrives, a glamorous woman with Ivy League credentials and confidence for days. And her life will never be the same.

There is a pretty jarring swerve fairly late in the movie that some will love and some will hate. But overall, I thought it had an interesting take on the darkness that hid behind closed doors in the "good old days". McKenzie's JFK-era Boston accent is remarkably good, while Anne Hathaway's Mid-Atlantic accent as the beguiling Dr. Saint John feels a bit too affected. But then, Dr. Saint John is a very affected person, so maybe that's spot on.

Wes Candela

Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela
Sam Taylor Johnson’s “Back To Black”
The Amy Winehouse biopic
IMG_7195.jpeg

I have to say, if you want Amy’s story, go to the documentary:
“Amy”, 2015

IMG_7196.jpeg

But giving credit to this movie, pretty stellar job on all fronts

Wes Candela

Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela
IMG_7206.jpeg

IMG_7124.jpeg

Watching the force awakens, and then the last Jedi

I have a theory and I feel after learning what they had planned for episode nine had Ryan Johnson stayed on as Director and had they gone with his story, that the third trilogy would’ve been thrilling

The last Jedi suffers because of continuity problems and a lack of faith in the Director

And the storyteller.

There were too many chefs in the kitchen, too scared to deviate from the money they stood to make.

So they remade Star Wars and called it The Force Awakens…
And everyone was happy, especially Planet Disney.

But when it came to getting original, the fear set in.

They let Rian write and direct The Last Jedi, did amazing things to bring. Artie Fisher back into the film.

But it deviated so much from “safe” that Disney pulled the plug on Rian, then rest of The Last Jedi storyline and they brought back the Emperor.

However Watching both now separated in time by the expectations…

I wanted to see what Rian had planned for episode nine

Well, it’s online if you investigate go to YouTube and you can see the storyline play out animated.

The original idea for episode nine would’ve made an amazing movie and it would’ve validated The Last Jedi as a film in my opinion.

Just saying.

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
May 31st, 2024 Friday

Regal Cinema
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga

Furiosa A Mad Max Saga.jpg

Max
The Big Bang Theory Season 1 / Episodes 1 - 3

Dune Pt2
4K Digital / Dolby Vision
Dolby Atmos
Ordered 4K blu-ray which is scheduled to arrive tomorrow

Dune Pt 2.jpg

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Watched Thunderheart last night, a wonderful upgrade from the DVD in my collection!! Followed that up with Last of the Dogmen, a perfect pairing and finished off with one of the discs from the Republic Horror set from Kino...I was a liitle disapointed that Catman of Paris was not as pristine as I hoped...the intro was pretty ragged, dirt, spots etc!!! Was the Import the same way???

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 3
  • s-l1600.png
    s-l1600.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 738329258115_Back.jpg
    738329258115_Back.jpg
    683.7 KB · Views: 8

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
June 2nd, 2024 Sunday

Regal Cinema
Kingdom Of The Planet Of The Apes

If you have not gone to see ether Furiosa Mad Max or Kingdom Of The Planet Of The Apes it is worth seeing on the big screen in my honest opinion.

Kingdom Of The Planet Of The Apes.jpg

The Exorcist (1973)
4K Blu-ray / HDR10
Dolby Atmos 7.1.4

The Exorcist DVD 4K.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gary1
Recent bookmarks