What's new

Whatever happened to "leg warmers"... (1 Viewer)

Mitty

Supporting Actor
If mullets return, I may be driven to violence.
Dude, you must be lucky enough to live in a mullet vacuum. Mullets are the hair helmet of choice for every slack-jawed, mouth-breathing suburbanite where I live. :)
It'd be funnier if it weren't true.
BTW, best (read: worst) on screen mullet - Aaron Eckhart, Nurse Betty

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Clinton, yup, those little glorified rubber bands girls wear who have long enough hair for them. Could be worn on the wrist when not in the hair. See, it's multiuse and has outlived the leg warmers...

Jay

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
don't forget about your LeTigre shirt with the woven skinny tie, your Members Only jacket, and your Goody comb!
Dude, you described my everyday wardrobe in my senior year of high school.

Let's not forget the hot hair fashions the girls wore. And my hair has never looked better then it did when I wore a modified punked hairdoo (with the top standing up).

Where the hell is my Wang Chung album?!?!??!

Hugh M

Second Unit
http://www.yesterdayland.com/popoped...ion/fa1171.php
yes, Capezios!! Whenever I had trouble with the moonwalk, I would go to the old reliable big Cs. Showstopper everytime...
I think perhaps leg warmers were one of the more short-lived fashons weren't they? I don't remember them lasting that long.
ahh, all this talk is making me want to go out in the garage with a big piece of cardboard and bust a move.
wait a minute - is Breakin 2 - Electric Boogaloo out on DVD yet?

Mitty

Supporting Actor
New Mexico has its share of Mullets. Mostly, they are Fe-Mullets, worn by lesbians.
Women with mullets. Not an attractive image. :)
But the worst are the little boys you see with mullets, too young to realize what their parents have inflicted on them. Their fathers, walk alongside them, beaming with mullet-headed pride. They're oughtta be something we, as a society, can do for those poor children.

bill lopez

Second Unit
In the 80's at all the female bi and gay would wear black tight leggins. If she was fat or skinny they looked hot!

It's gotta come back,I noticed it went out around 1990.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
When I think of leg warmers I have to laugh, I was young when they were hip, and I never wanted a pair. I remember the ones that were like the colors of the rainbow...yikes! I mostly remember them from that movie..Flash Dance some things should just be kept off the streets and out of the public eye. ;)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Very amusing site re mullets:
http://www.mulletmadness.com/index.html
I am not afraid to lift my Bud Light above my head and let my voice ring like a clarion calling for "Freebird"! Let them wonder why I can't be anywhere with live music without calling for "Freebird". I am not ashamed. I will not hide from "Freebird". In between songs, I will lift my voice as though it were a choir of angels, singing with one accord: "Freebird!" "Freebird!" "Freebird!" Who dares deny my ears this magnificent musical opus? Never you mind that your band is an acoustic guitar duo playing at a festival or a Dixieland jazz band. I haven't time for your excuses. Play "Freebird" and be quick about it! Or perchance you lack the ability to execute this masterpiece of Southern rock? And think not of cutting short the 8 minute solo! Do you venture to desecrate this masterwork of Lynyrd Skynyrd? Make way, miscreants, for if you will not play "Freebird", I will sing it myself, acapella. Never you mind that I know very few of the actual words to the song!

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
But the worst are the little boys you see with mullets, too young to realize what their parents have inflicted on them. Their fathers, walk alongside them, beaming with mullet-headed pride. They're oughtta be something we, as a society, can do for those poor children.
That's a pet peeve of mine. Message for parents: Never, I mean NEVER, give your boys to have long hair haircut. Others will mistake your child for a girl and it will cause him a complex that may require therapy in the future. The John Stamos (and his fictional children's on Full House) look is dead!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks