What's new

Whatever happened to "leg warmers"... (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
*unofficial useless thread of the day*
Whatever happened to them, remember when they were the fashion trend for the cold legs crowd? Philip G's airplane engine cozy thread made me associate those things with leg warmers.. ;)
Jay

bill lopez

Second Unit
Since it was an 80's fashion I'm hoping it'll come back soon. Like in the 90's everthing 70's came back.

Women looked so sexy in them.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I too have for mysterious reasons found those things incredibly sexy. Guess I'll be glued to the screen for That 80's Show...thanks for the tip, I hadn't even thought about that aspect :D
The last few girlfriends have all expressed utter disbelief when they hear the response to "so what do you find sexy?" I need to keep my opinions to myself.

Julie K

Screenwriter
So you guys think leg warmers are sexy? Why couldn't it have been G'rilla socks or Toe socks? At least I liked those...
Leg warmers were just stupid :)

Janna S

Second Unit
I thought leg warmers were a lot of fun. I didn't realize anyone thought they were sexy. I bet I still have some somewhere. I could start wearing them to the gym except they'd clash with my tattoos . . .

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
So you guys think leg warmers are sexy?
Perhaps if that's the only thing they are wearing??
Actually, I have these things made of coolmax called arm warmers, although they have the same function of leg warmers they are meant to be worn as a base layer for the arms and kind of convert a short sleeve bike jersey into a long sleeve bike jersey for spring or fall use. They make those for bike shorts too called leg warmers, but they're not in the same league as the infamous leg warmers of the 80's.
Who thinks scrungees are sexy?
not that I think they are but hey, if you think leg warmers are sexy, why not scrungees. We don't discriminate on the HTF!
Jay

Hugh M

Second Unit
Whatever happened to them,
I never knew anything happened to them.

I'm wearing some right now over my parachute pants.

the combo goes quite well with my Capezios, or my Puma's with custom oversized multi-colored laces.

its way rad.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I really liked leggings--those thin skintight pants that showed EVERY curve.....

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
the combo goes quite well with my Capezios, or my Puma's with custom oversized multi-colored laces
:laugh:
don't forget about your LeTigre shirt with the woven skinny tie, your Members Only jacket, and your Goody comb!
now where did i put that Rubik's Cube...

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Now this is my kind of topic! Don't any of you get me started on the 80s or this thread will never be the same...:)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
On one of the two times I've seen a man walk into a lamp post because he was distracted by ogling a pretty woman, the woman in question was wearing leg warmers (though I think the braless tight t shirt, *very* tight leggings, and high heels might have had more to do with it).

TheoGB

Screenwriter
At least they were driven by lust. I walked into one chatting to a mate across the road...My glasses were never the same again. Hurt like hell, too!
Legwarmers - ugh! They were only popular because of Fame, I thought.
Bell bottoms are a bit of a wide ranging thing. I'm not a fan of massive flares but the 'boot cut' slightly flared style looks cool. At least they've come back more thoughtfully designed. No big skater's trousers - they really are stupid! :D

Maurice McCone

Stunt Coordinator
Leg-warmers...brilliant...
and I thought I was the only one who appreciated them and awaited their return some day.
What was it about them...well my theory is that they mirrored the well accepted attraction of stockings...even when worn over jeans, triggered the same area of the brain obviously.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks