What's new

What scenes do you think George Lucas will add to Episodes IV - VI? (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Sorry to start yet another Star Wars thread! :D
George Lucas, while filming Episodes I - III in the Star Wars series, is shooting additional material for Episodes IV - VI. What do you think he will add?
My thoughts:
A New Hope
Scenes of the Galactic Senate being "dissolved".
Scenes with Bail Organa on Alderaan, prior to the planet being destroyed.
Scenes with Darth Vader and the Emperor after the destruction of the Death Star.
The Empire Strikes Back
Hmmmm, can't really think of any.
Return of the Jedi
A Naboo celebration scene at the end.
A scene with Boba Fett escaping the Sarlacc. (Just wishful thinking here, Fett is too cool a character to just kill off like that!)

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Well although Darth Vader is supossed to be a bad guy, Lucas just never felt right about the way he just flat out killed Obi-Wan in such a coldblooded manner. Lucas always intended the lightsaber fight to be much longer and to have Obi Wan pull off some bad-ass Jackie Chan moves, But sadly that old fart Alec Guiness was not agile enough to perform these scenes. But now with advancements in visual effects Lucas can present us with his original vision. I believe he has already held discussions with Jett Li about playing Obi-Wan in the new footage. Then he'll cgi graft Guiness's face onto him in post production.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
And a minor change. Lucas will bill digitally altering the color of Darth Vader's clothing and helmet to more of a dark blue rather than black. Lucas was always bothered about the racial concerns of having a black villian but according to Rick McCallum, back in 1977 the color dark blue did not exist.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Yes, very "clever" replies there, Brian. :rolleyes:Is it too much to have ONE Star Wars thread without dragging Lucas through the mud? If you're going to insult the man, at least get some new material.
Going back to the actual topic, I am mighty interested in seeing what Lucas has in store for us. I'm looking forward to viewing all six movies as a complete saga, rather than six individual films.
The Empire Strikes Back
Hmmmm, can't really think of any.
I will bet money that the brief hologram shot of the old Emperor will be replaced by new footage of Ian McDiarmid...which is good; to be honest, the old Emperor with the baboon eyes kinda freaked me out. :)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"I will bet money that the brief hologram shot of the old Emperor will be replaced by new footage of Ian McDiarmid"

I agree with this.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
All I know is he probably will want to redo all of the Vader-Kenobi duel to match it with TNT.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Is it too much to have ONE Star Wars thread without dragging Lucas through the mud?
Oh come on now, I hardly call that dragging the man through the mud. I can see some getting frustrated with some of the heavy Lucas bashing, but let's not get overly sensitive.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Lucas will add the Imperial March into ANH, considering it's featured in the prequels.

Also, perhaps he may replace the stormtroopers' (and Boba Fett's) voices with Temuera Morrison?

Here's some changes I'd like to see:

Replace the crappy saber effects in ANH to bring it up to par with the rest of the films.

Coruscant scenes will be added in all 3 movies, for example, perhaps the Vader Emperor dialogue in ESB will be seen in Coruscant instead of the asteroid field.

Make Luke's sail barge battle more violent, with limbs, and heads flying when he hits them with his lightsaber(considering that we see the same in AOTC).

Replace Anakin's spirit with Hayden Christensen (with makeup to make him look older). Keep Sebastian Shaw as unmasked Vader though.

Heinz W

Second Unit
Scenes with Darth Vader and the Emperor after the destruction of the Death Star.
Steve, I hope to God this DOESN'T happen as it would fuck up the ending of Star Wars as much as the "Alert my Star Destroyer..." line fucked up the end of Empire. It would ruin the fantastic throne room ending and screw up the awesome score that goes with it.

Of course, this scene could be inserted into the beginning of Empire...

Of all the things Lucas does I pray, pray, PRAY he restores Han's character arc and fixes that God awful 'Greedo shots first' bullshit!

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Oh come on now, I hardly call that dragging the man through the mud. I can see some getting frustrated with some of the heavy Lucas bashing, but let's not get overly sensitive.
OK, I admit I may have flown off the handle a bit, but there really was no need for not one, but two bitter, sarcastic posts.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I wonder what George Lucas has in mind now that he's confirmed that new scenes with Natalie Portman will be inserted into Return of the Jedi.
I wouldn't mind seeing her in one of those slave-girl costumes...
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks