What's new

What Kind of speakers shoudl i get? (1 Viewer)

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
ok right now i have a pair of KLH M365's wich really kick some but this dude wants to buy them off of me for $130 ionly paid $120 but they sound sooo nice and you really cant buy them anymore best buy dosnt ship them now. and i also have a pair of Sony SS-U610's wich are also for sale but anywhoo what i want to know is should i sell off my KLH's and Sony's to buy some new speakers or should i just sell the KLH's and use the cash to pay off my reciver? and keep the sony's for my mains and if i do get new speakers wich ones should i get for around $200 a pair?

RichardH

Supporting Actor
We're gonna need more info. But, offhand, I would say sell both the KLH and Sony speakers and look into some good retail brands like Paradigm, Energy, Klipsch, or some good Internet brands like Ascend Acoustics, Home Theater Direct, etc.

If you start w/ a decent pair of mains, you can work your way up over time.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I would say get rid of what you have. Depending on your budget, I'd look at the JBL Northridge series and Home Theater Direct. If you just want a pair of new speakers in the $200 range, look at the JBL N38s. They can be found for less than $200 a pair online, but you have to add shipping on top of that. If you want a 5 speaker package for around $200, look at the JBL NSP1 package.

Hope this helps.

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Sell them. Then keeping in mind that speakers are THE most important part of your ht/music, save up and get something that you will be happy with for years to come. Skimp on processors,dvd player etc. but not speakers.

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
what kind of info u need? my reciver is soon to be a HK AVR 125 i dont have enough for amps or anyhting but i know i dont like satalites for mains so i'll focus on my mains first the rest can wait cuz i have few surrounds lying around some really old sonys and 3D acustics thats all they say on them and the sonys i got from an old surround system back in 97 im 17 so i cant really order online but will try to and i can rake in about 250 for all my speakers maybe depending on howmuch my Jensen SX Bass car subs are worth in a box thanks for all ur help so far i hope the info i gave is what you needed if not let me know whatelse :)

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
oh i allmost forgot i really like towers cuz they are skinny so they actualy fit in my tiny room 12ft by 12ft but i like the realy tall towers like 38inches by like 9 inches wide lol i dunno if this helps either :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks