What's new

What is this film? Cronos or Chronos? (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Years ago I remember seeing a trailer for a film which had absolutely amazing cinematography: Similar in many respects to the photographic style of City of Lost Children or Dark City...

The film was foreign, the dialog was not english if I recall correctly. I don't recall any specifics other than the trailer showing some amazingly interesting camerawork.

I thought the name in the trailer was "Chronos". The only films with similar titles I could find are:

"Chronos" the imax-esque time lapse photography documentary- which might be what I saw, but I could have sworn the film had a story and dialog in the trailer.

"Cronos", Guillermo del Toro's feature directorial debut vampire film. It is partially in Spanish, so that might have been what I saw a trailer for...

I have never seen Guillermo's first film, but have seen pieces from other of Guillermo's films and don't know if the visual style I recall from the trailer seems to be what he would produce. I assume this was a low budget Vampire flick...

Does anyone have thoughts on this? Is Cronos a simple low-rent mexican vampire flick- or is it a real giant film with "City of lost children" type visuals?

-Vince

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
The trailer you saw was for Cronos, a terrific Mexican/Spanish film which has just been announced for DVD release.

Gabe Oppenheim

Stunt Coordinator
Cronos in anything but a low-rent vampire flick. In fact, it's more of a low-budget, highly polished mechanical
beetle/vampire flick. The biggest connection to "The City of Lost Children," of course, is the presence of American actor Ron Perlman in both foreign films.

jacob w k

Stunt Coordinator
I taped it when it was on tv once but never got around to watching it. Heard good things though.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Yep, it's a pretty interesting little flick. I've heard that a limited edition DVD with a replica Cronos device is coming out. How cool is that? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks