What is this film? Cronos or Chronos?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vince Maskeeper, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Years ago I remember seeing a trailer for a film which had absolutely amazing cinematography: Similar in many respects to the photographic style of City of Lost Children or Dark City...

The film was foreign, the dialog was not english if I recall correctly. I don't recall any specifics other than the trailer showing some amazingly interesting camerawork.

I thought the name in the trailer was "Chronos". The only films with similar titles I could find are:

"Chronos" the imax-esque time lapse photography documentary- which might be what I saw, but I could have sworn the film had a story and dialog in the trailer.

"Cronos", Guillermo del Toro's feature directorial debut vampire film. It is partially in Spanish, so that might have been what I saw a trailer for...

I have never seen Guillermo's first film, but have seen pieces from other of Guillermo's films and don't know if the visual style I recall from the trailer seems to be what he would produce. I assume this was a low budget Vampire flick...

Does anyone have thoughts on this? Is Cronos a simple low-rent mexican vampire flick- or is it a real giant film with "City of lost children" type visuals?

-Vince

2. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

The trailer you saw was for Cronos, a terrific Mexican/Spanish film which has just been announced for DVD release.

3. Gabe Oppenheim

Gabe Oppenheim Stunt Coordinator

Cronos in anything but a low-rent vampire flick. In fact, it's more of a low-budget, highly polished mechanical
    beetle/vampire flick. The biggest connection to "The City of Lost Children," of course, is the presence of American actor Ron Perlman in both foreign films.

4. jacob w k

jacob w k Stunt Coordinator

I taped it when it was on tv once but never got around to watching it. Heard good things though.

5. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Yep, it's a pretty interesting little flick. I've heard that a limited edition DVD with a replica Cronos device is coming out. How cool is that? [​IMG]