What's new

What is the best way to do this? (1 Viewer)

tony jr

Auditioning
I have a TV in my living room and in my kitchen. The two rooms share a wall and the TVs are on opposite sides of the wall. Currently, I have a splitter on the cable outlet in my living room dividing the signal into the TV in the living room, the VCR in the living room, and the TV in the kitchen. With this setup, The two TVs are tuned independently, so if I change channels in the living room, I have to change them in the kitchen also. I would like the TV in the kitchen to be linked to whatever I have tuned on the TV in the living room, be it Cable, DVD, VCR, etc.

The problem I have run into is my kitchen TV is older and only has a coaxial input. My living room TV has an open set of RCA output jacks, which don't seem to be of any use to me. I would like to keep the VCR on it's own, so I can tape things I'm not watching. So, what options do I have to get this to work, if any?

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the forum!

Radio Shack has a RF modulater out that converts from composite to RF (coax). I'm getting ready to feed my wires to do that very same thing!

Glenn

tony jr

Auditioning
Unbelievable, I open up the Radioshack website and there it is on the front page. Must be a newer product. I searched far and wide for that thing (including at Radioshack) a few months back and didn't think it existed. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks