What's new

4-way split screen? (1 Viewer)

Chris Strnad

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
I suspect the answer is a solid "no", but I've decided to ask anyway...

What: Are there any current displays that will do 4-way split screen with 4 inputs?

Why: Work-from-home means I have 4 monitors on my desk. Everything works fine on 2 vertical mounts, but I got to thinking it might be better and possibly more (energy) efficient if I could simplify to a single 50" display that could show 4 (1080p) hdmi inputs simultaneously. My own limited search says an LG C2 is "probably not", while Samsung's documentation is sufficiently vague, leaving the door cracked-open for a QN90B.....but the nearest Best Buy with one on display is a 3.5hr round-trip...

(occasional 4K gaming would be a nice bonus, but a 3060Ti isn't the best card for that.)

Thoughts?

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I'd probably stick with what you have if you need four separate inputs visible. If you just needed the screen Real Estate to display four images from different programs [but from the same workstation] I'd recommend the monitor I've been using for the past few years.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
You want a video combiner such as used for security camera displays.

HDMI Multiviewer Switch 4x1, PORTTA HDMI Quad Multi-Viewer Seamless Switcher 4 in 1 Out with Loop, Audio Extractor to Stereo, 1080p, 5 Viewing Modes for Security Camera, Gaming Consoles https://a.co/d/31GwomF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks