What is MKII?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Jeremy Stockwell, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Jeremy Stockwell

Jeremy Stockwell Supporting Actor

I see Adire, Dayton, Rel, Velodyne, Klipsch, Sunfire, M&K, and others use "MKII." What does it mean?

JKS

2. Joe Ku

Joe Ku Stunt Coordinator

MKII means mark 2 or second revision

3. Jeremy Stockwell

Jeremy Stockwell Supporting Actor

Thanks, Joe.

So, Adire makes some changes to the specs on their Shiva driver and it becomes the Shiva MKII (I see it is now Mark IV, so it's on it's 4th set of specs), right?

JKS

4. MattD

MattD Stunt Coordinator

Correct

5. Aaron Gilbert

Aaron Gilbert Second Unit

The thing I always find amusing is that there is almost never a MKI. Granted, if it's a company's first product, maybe they didn't know they were going to revise it. Heck maybe they didn't know it would even succeed. Same thing happens with movies. Note there is no Matrix 1, X1, Jaws 1, Jurrasic Park 1, Superman 1, Back to the Future 1, etc, etc.. I like the way Lord of the Rings or Indiana Jones did it, with each movie having it's own little subtitle.

By the way, I have a Shiva MKI. [​IMG]

Oh, and you think all these MKII, III, IV are bad, that's nothing. Try dealing with companies who have different versions of the same speaker using different parts, yet make no distinction whatsoever other than serial number, and often not even that.

Aaron Gilbert

6. Mark gas

Mark gas Second Unit

I thought it was Mortal Kombat 2?