What's new

What Happened to Magnum P.I. ?? (1 Viewer)

R. Kay

Second Unit
I remember an announcement quite a while back. Still, nothing with nothing.

Any news?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The same thing that happened to 90% of Universal's TV on DVD. Waiting for the company to be sold is the best theory running

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
My contact in the UK mentioned that most of there 80's shows had orignial songs in certain episodes. Magnum P.I. used a few songs from the fifth season onwards i think. They would rather clear the whole Eight seasons in advance so they can format a decent release plan. If everything goes to plan this may hit R2 next summer onwards. :D

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
Magnum did not really use too much outside music, a few episodes when it try to get a little "Miami-Vice"ish featured a song or two sporadically... But thats about it.

-- Matt

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
Even if its only a few Matt they still have to be paid for and cleared. I believe a song by Genesis was used in one episode. Things like that unfortunley hold things up. The Equalizer, Airwolf and Knight Rider have the same problem. However there are plans for R2 releases next year hopefully with the music intact. I have no idea about Universal USA's plans though. Lets hope there sold quickly. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
probably a good idea that some of these sets are delayed, my wallet cannot take another beating

:D

Jerome

Second Unit
A 2 disc Best of Magnum P.I has been announced by Universal in Holland Netherlands) for the end of 2003 with Best of A TEam and Knight Rider, and the complete Battlestar Galactica.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
Homer Simpson got the first season set for Christmas from his secret santa Carl and I am jealous!

--Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks