What's new

What Films Have Been Parodied the Most? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Just watched Osmosis Jones last night and there were two very obvious parodies of both The Matrix (bullet time) and Titanic (band playing at the end).

Pete-D

Screenwriter
A few parodies come to mind:

Star Wars: Austin Powers 2 (Austin... I am your... father). I'm sure this is repeated a lot. Also of course the infamous "Friends" episode, where Rachel dresses up as Princess Leia with the metal bikini. Even recently I saw an episode of the Family Guy (Christmas special) where Santa blocks Stewy's ray gun, just like Vader does on Cloud City, lol. Of course the SNL skit with Kevin Spacey doing Christoper Walken (she's...fast...enough...for...you...old man) and Bill Murray singing "Star Wars.... nothing but Star Wars" is classic.

E.T.: Naked Gun 2 1/2, when Frank Drebin sends the guy in the wheelchair flying through the air.

Matrix: Well, everything parodied the Matrix it seemed. Shrek had the Trinity-kick in it, Scary Movie had the bullet-time, etc.

The Sixth Sense: The whole "I see dead people" thing seemed to be everywhere for a while.

Titanic: The "I'm flying" scene.

Terminator 2: Wayne's World, the "Have you seen this boy?" line. ;)

Jurassic Park: The "cup" rumbling scene.

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator

Nothing quite like like Kevin Spacey doing Christopher Walken trying out for the role of Han Solo... ;)

Nick

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
The Godfather has been parodied to death in almost every type of media & entertainment

Psycho - The shower scene has been parodied quite a bit
Treasure of the Sierra Madre - The "stinkin badges" line
Singin in the Rain - title number
The Exorcist

BenCo

Auditioning
The Shining. "Honey, I'm Home!" Most recent one I can think of was in Finding Nemo when the shark is chasing them through the submarine.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Recently, definitely The Matrix. So many spoofs of bullet time, that it became cliched and worn out as a special effect.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Invasion of the Body Snatchers - movie remade numerous times and so many references to "pod people" in so many different places.

Doug

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Im going to put my 2001 vote up. It was parodied twice in South Park in the episodes Trapper Keeper and Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society. The scenes where a spoof of David Bowman floating in the HAL computer room and when the one ape discovers that a bone can be used as a tool/weapon. Also in Woody Allen's Sleepers there is a HAL imitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks