What's new

What do you think the chances of one these sitcoms having a complete series release? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Solomon
If Shout Factory has not done a complete Rhoda set by now, then my guess is that is not gonna happen. They should do it and correct the botched up season 1 but again, probably not in the cards.

Ditto Chico and the Man. If Warner Brothers hasn't done it through Warner Archive or licensed it out, then it's not gonna happen. If you want to see some of it, then that long out of print 'Best of' DVD is the only way to go.

When I found that out I only purchased seasons 2 to 5

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Uh-oh, I have this set, what is wrong with Season One?

About half the episodes are syndication edits running 22 minutes instead of 25.

When they rereleased the similarly screwed up Mr. Ed season 1 unedited in the complete series package, there looked to be a tiny glimmer of hope for Rhoda, but it never happened.

And Father Knows Best S1 never got fixed, either.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Except in Strokes' case, there were bonuses in season 1 that were not ported over to the Mill Creek set: commentaries by a writer named Fred Rubin and a short making-of documentary that depicts the set during the early years as a more harmonious one than it was later.

Real Name
Solomon
Except in Strokes' case, there were bonuses in season 1 that were not ported over to the Mill Creek set: commentaries by a writer named Fred Rubin and a short making-of documentary that depicts the set during the early years as a more harmonious one than it was later.

what type of bonuses?

Detour (1945)

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve

Yep, and that's why I held on to my S1 set from Sony.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Disney's ownership of MTM through Fox makes that card a wild card at this point. The virus has left them in a challenging place financially since it cut them off from sources of income that depended on crowds. Home video is not such a medium. You can watch it in a group or by yourself. But all that's left of that is the last season and a corrected first season.

The final season of Rhoda was released by Shout Factory a while back. It included the Carlton Your Doorman cartoon.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Looks like both releases are lacking. Sony has the bonus features with cut eps and mill creek has the unedited eps with no bonuses

And other than the number of fans who wanted to cut and run once Mr. Drummond remarried (I stuck it out to the bitter end), that's why I think Shout! wanted only the unreleased episodes to release season-by-season: they would have had to redo season 1 to reconcile the mutually exclusive content. They fixed the mis-mastered season 7 of All in the Family for its box set but it was their own error they were fixing.

Real Name
Solomon
The wedding episode was not one of the edited episodes. Shout did manage to get an uncut version of that episode. It was one of the few for season 1.

I always thought that scene with Rhoda running down the street in the closing credits with her wedding dress on was part of the episode when it aired on CBS in 1974

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
And, as was said, the seasons of MTM were put together in a Complete Series case, if it's still in print after the Fox buyout. That's as much of a "complete series" as we'll likely ever get.

So they didn't even include the completed Season Two extras that were pulled from the original Season 2 releases because Season 1 hadn't sold well enough to warrant the extra disc?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So they didn't even include the completed Season Two extras that were pulled from the original Season 2 releases because Season 1 hadn't sold well enough to warrant the extra disc?

I'm not certain. I have the original releases. But I believe all they did was re-press that one flipper disc from season 2 to make the set all single sided discs.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
All of the scenes of Rhoda running in her wedding dress (opening and closing credits) is part of the episode as it was released on DVD. Shout made a big deal out of the fact that they got a complete and uncut version of the wedding episode for the DVD release.

Real Name
Solomon
All of the scenes of Rhoda running in her wedding dress (opening and closing credits) is part of the episode as it was released on DVD. Shout made a big deal out of the fact that they got a complete and uncut version of the wedding episode for the DVD release.

I never saw the scene of her in the closing credits. I didnt think it was part of the episode

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks