What's new

What do you think of this system? (1 Viewer)

Ricky c

Stunt Coordinator
If you had this system:Marantz sr7000,Def.Tech. Procinema 100's w/200tl sub,Yamaha cdc665 cd player and Panasonic rv30 dvd.Also 1,500.-2,000. budget what would you change or upgrade if anything.I like this system but am looking to make it better within the budget if it was possible.I also have a Panny 36hx40 HDTV which i wont change.The room is 22.5x19.5x8'.Or should i leave it like it is.In other words with this budget would there be a significant upgrade.Also would just adding a 5 channel amp be considered a significant upgrade.Or am i going thru upgraditis.Thanks

Larry B

Screenwriter
Ricky:

If music is of any particular importance to you, I would suggest trading in the Def Techs for another brand. While tbey are fine for HT, music is not their strong suit.

Larry

Karl Englebright

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I'll give an oposing opinion to the Def Tech Pro 100's. I think they are mighty fine speakers for music. Before I bought my system I auditioned sats and I ended up liking the Pro 100's the best.

I recommend them highly for music. But you have to give them a listen for yourself. Everybody has their own opinion on what sounds best.

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Ricky,

What is the sensitivity rating on your def tech speakers. If it is say under 90 db or so then I would say get an external amp. I have found that a 400.00 sherwood am9080 120 watt amp beats the dogsnot out of my denon 4802 internal amps, but I have ineffecient speakers.

Does your marantz sr 7000 have all the modes that you want? do you want to go to a 7 channel setup ex.

Speakers are the most important aspect of any ht/music setup. If your happy with the def techs, processor and amp are the next equally important aspect in my opinion

Just noticed, the subs are built into your speakers? if so then another sub for lfe is a MUST..

Ricky c

Stunt Coordinator
The DEf.Techs are direct sats.The sub is an outboard sub.The speakers are good for music as well as HT.What i was trying to say was what if anything would make this system as a whole better.Be it changing the DVD to a progressive scan,changing the CD player to one w/sacd,to adding an amp.All these things would it make a significant difference.I'm trying to get some insight as to what significant options i could have.Also i have no plans to go 6.1.I like the 5.1 as it is.Thanks

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Definitely get a progressive scan DVD player. You have the TV to reap the benefits, you should be prog. all the way!! Only other thing I would consider upgrading is maybe to an SVS if you want more bass. The new PCi models are quite affordable!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks