What's new

What do those little silica packets do? (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I just did a search for Salsa + Silica and Holy CRAP! Look what I found!
Be prepared for a wild ride!
:: Turbo Sweet Spicy Salsa
- Note the abundance of silica, sulfur and Vitamin C
- Beware adding radishes intensifies the garlic and habanero.
- Ingredients
- 1 large red bell pepper (silica)
- 2 large red radishes (silica, sulfur/MSM)
- 2 large sweet onions (silica, sulfur/MSM)
- 2 large garlic cloves (sulfur/MSM)
- 8 romas (silica, Vitamin C)
- 2 lemons or limes (Vitamin C)
- 1 habanero pepper (silica, sulfur/MSM, Vitamin C)
- Salt to taste
Referenced web site: http://www.radicalhealth.com/issues/...02:recipes.txt
What have we stumbled onto?

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
MArk stay away from Google...
Wait..... um tasty...
Never mind google your heart away...
A little moist at first and then thickens after being stired...:D

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Hey, Silica, the fountain of youth....The benefits of silica just get better and better.....

With age, the levels of Silica decline in the body. In our youth, our tissues absorb and maintain high levels of silica and simultaneously our bodies remain flexible, resilient, and energetic with soft supple skin. When we age, our Silica levels decrease and we begin to exhibit other signs of aging such as dry skin, lack of energy and slower healing. It is believed that Silica supplementation may be a part of this solution to aging. Maintaining a regular supply of Silica to our bodies as we age should help us to maintain a more youthful state and to live our lives in minimal pain.

Silica works in synergy with boron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and ascorbic acid. CELLFOOD® Silica contains all of these elements which support bones, arteries, connective tissue, healthy hair, skin, and nails. Bone can not re-mineralize and repair itself if enough Silica is not present.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Said by me in May:
Only on HTF can a thread about silica dessicant packets go to 5 pages and still be alive 3 months later...
Now it's October and we have 8 pages of silica posts. I think we've discovered the secret behind perpetual motion, or at least perpetual message board threads! I bet next May I'll jump in here and find the Silica thread still alive and well, up to 30 pages or so!

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
:: Turbo Sweet Spicy Salsa
Well I'll be pickled.
Mark, you've just discovered Silica Salsa! I didn't even think that was possible! Shouldn't the confluence of silica and salsa rip a hole of some sort in the space-time continuum? My GOD man, what have you done????
:D

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Another important nutrient for hair health is silica. Studies in the former Soviet Union have shown that silica therapy slowed hair loss. Organic silica added to shampoo was found to help prevent baldness, stimulate healthier hair growth and assure beautiful shine, luster and strength. Some scientists claim that they have effectively stopped further hair loss by adding silica to their shampoo. This can be applied externally to regrow already lost hair.
I just found that tidbit of information HERE! I'm definitely putting silica on my toast every morning!!

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
I recently discovered my wife is hoarding silica packets in her shoe boxes in her closet. Damn, no wonder she looks so much better than me.

Hmmm, since women buy shoes at 5 -10x the rate of men they clearly accumulate much larger amounts of silica. I think this may explain why women live longer than men. The answer is for men to buy more shoes, or buy more hard drives or eat more salsa.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Wait a minute. You can't have silica salsa! It would be salsa-flavored silica!
It goes back into the air, but then wouldn't the silica just absorb it back up again? Sounds like an infinite loop to me.
I am definitely going to have to side with you on this one. Moisture is moisture, no matter if it has been silica-ized.
I'm gonna figure out the silica absorption ratio soon, and with that data, I will find out how many silica packets it would take to absorb the oceans! :D
Has anyone tried mixing silica and salsa?
Take a look at this link: http://www.howstuffworks.com/question206.htm They do not know the truth...
Update: I have found a very interesting site. The Truth About Silica Gel.
Also check out those links on the bottom of the Howstuffworks link. :)

Jim_F

Screenwriter

Is there anything that they don't do?

BTW, is there and endpoint to the "do not eat" warning? I encountered a silica pack about 6 weeks ago and I'm starting to feel a little weak.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Re: the "do not eat" warning:
  1. Without the warning, someone will be dumb enough to eat it.
  2. Even with the warning, someone will be dumb enough to eat it.
  3. Silica absorbs water.
  4. Your body is 90% water.
  5. Anyone who's smart enough to know not to eat the salsa, er, silica pack will be able to figure out the ultimate outcome.
Hmm... maybe they should omit the "do not eat" warning, it might help accelerate natural selection. I can see next year's Darwin awards now, where someone ate a box of silica packs and turned themselves into a pile of powdered carbon and silica. :)

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Oh! It just means do not eat the silica gel! I can't tell you how relieved I am to not have to miss another meal!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.