What's new

What do I need? (1 Viewer)

RogerA

Grip
My front speakers are JBL ND310. Center speaker is Acoustic Research AR2C. I have 2 JBL PB12 (250 watt) powered sub-woofers. And the back speakers are JBL N24. I have a Samsung S221 DVD player. The receiver is a (POS) RCA Home Theater Unit. It came with it's own speakers and subwoofer for under $400.00.

My system sounds terrible and I have spent quite a bit on speakers (over $2000.00). The center speaker sounds tinny when watching/listening to DVD's. I know I need a new receiver, but will it make a huge difference? I think all the speakers are pretty good quality. What receiver would you recommend in the $500.00 price range?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yes, a better receiver seems to be in order, and it will make a noticable difference. This question belongs in the receivers forum, as you will get many more answers there.

My recommendation for receivers would be to listen to the Marantz SR5300, Onkyo TX-SR601, Denon 1804 or 2804, Harman Kardon 225 or 325 (should be on closeout right now)

Might I recommend selling the subs and getting one good one?

RogerA

Grip
John thanks for your response. I will check out your recomendations. I know the receviers you have recommended will be a vast improvemnt over what I have now.

Your other recommendation is also a good one. Do you have any suggestions as where to sell the JBL subs and what to get to replace them?

SeanV

Stunt Coordinator
Roger,
There's a forum here that you can try to sell your subs
Hardware for Sale/Trade
you can also look at Audiogon however, if the subs aren't that good you may have better luck selling them on Ebay.

As far a subs go look in the Speakers forum and you can see some of the subs that are used. Hope this helps.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I recommend the HK. I stand by there products and not to mention they are phasing out there x25 line so you should be able to get great deals on there recievers. Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks