What's new

What are you listening to right now? (2 Viewers)

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
R-393266-1345850660-2392.jpeg.jpg
3aab8232ddd4b0839fb8511f23119bd3.jpg
il_794xN.1941371813_45lw.jpg
def-leppard-pyromania-vinyl-lp-mercury-810-308-1-m-1-1983-vg_45684069

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Paul McCartney
Coming Up (Official Music Video)

Just remastered in HD. This is the first time I heard the studio version of Coming Up. I think I prefer the live version he did in the 80's and 90's. Everyone in this video is either Paul or Linda.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
James Taylor
Over The Rainbow: The American Standard EP
Over The Rainbow  The American Standard EP.jpg

Just released on Friday. I purchased the 96/24 download.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

Neil Diamond has long been a favorite performer of mine, and his new album is extraordinary. His classic hits are now backed with orchestral arrangements bu the full London Symphony Orchestra. His golden oldies have a vibrant new sound, and it is a wonderful listening experience. Many times I've seen albums come out like this where the original vocal tracks are superimposed on the orchestra tracks. Not so here. This is all new, and it feels much more authentic as a result. It is wonderful to hear him still knocking these wonderful songs out of the park.

The only drawback is that the album is limited to 14 tracks. It runs a full hour and I think it is a very valuable purchase, but obviously he had more hits than this. I would have been delighted to have even more of them reinterpreted in this way. But I can't say enough good things about the ones that are here.

Last edited:

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
He sounds excellent.
I'm sure he still does...

Some of my favorite work of his begins with the That's Why I'm Here LP and goes up through New Moon Shine; I am a diehard fan of tracks like "Only a Dream in Rio," "Baby Boom Baby" (which should have made it to at least ONE Greatest Hits package), "Never Die Young," "Copperline" and "Enough to be On Your Way."

What kind of sound does this new album exhibit? Is he hearkening back to the Sweet Baby James days, or is it more contemporary?

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'm sure he still does...

Some of my favorite work of his begins with the That's Why I'm Here LP and goes up through New Moon Shine; I am a diehard fan of tracks like "Only a Dream in Rio," "Baby Boom Baby" (which should have made it to at least ONE Greatest Hits package), "Never Die Young," "Copperline" and "Enough to be On Your Way."

What kind of sound does this new album exhibit? Is he hearkening back to the Sweet Baby James days, or is it more contemporary?
This EP and his Album from earlier this year have been old standards performed in a folk style. Not very contemporary.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Loving this one right now:

1606170331446.png

I have it in hires, but listening through crappy pc speakers at work. Looking forward to sitting with it proper.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Mahler's Symphony No. 6 in A minor, Dallas Symphony Orchestra conducted by Jaap van Zweden; recorded live, March 2013, Dallas, TX.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks