West Wing coming to DVD Region 1...sometime

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Mark Silver, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Mark Silver

Mark Silver Stunt Coordinator

The best news I heard all night was at the WB chat where I was told West Wing Season 1 is in the works. This is just an educated guess, but I am going to think it will come out late November or December. Similar to the Buffy the Vampire Slayer syndication issues, this would give "Bravo" a chance to show all of Season 1 one time through before letting the disks hit the market.

2. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    whoa! any indication on extras though?

I already have season 1 from R2, first half of S2 is en route now, but the extras are almost non-existent. if WB does a proper set on R1, I'll certainly double-dip, but it'd be nice to know now, and when they're being released, so I decide can whether to stop buying R2 or not.

sorry, I know you won't know the answer to these questions, and I was thinking a WB exec might take these comments on board, but in retrospect, if I say the reason I want to know is to avoid double-dipping, they're not going to help me out there, are they? why sell one set when they can sell two (albeit in different regions)? [​IMG]

3. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

Can someone chime in here.......

Were Seasons #1 and #2 of The West Wing done in 1.66 Widescreen, like the last two seasons? I can't recall.

Not that this really makes any difference whatever, but it can't hurt to sign up, and thus "vote", for TWW DVD release HERE.

[​IMG]

4. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer